March 28, 2024, 01:44:54 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Movies - you've seen recently?

Started by reeper, November 27, 2008, 08:46:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Selkie

I just watched Wall-E, it was amazing.

I loved it.

Det in F♯ Major

Quote from: Selkie224 on December 01, 2008, 03:26:51 PM

I loved it.

THE PEOPLE WHO GAVE ME MY MOVIE TICKET GAVE ME A FREE WALL-E WATCH FOR GOING OPENING WEEKEND :3
Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

UnagiPower

Quote from: Selkie224 on December 01, 2008, 03:26:51 PM

I loved it.

yeah i liked it a lot  giggle;

russell

I watched Miller's Crossing last night. It's a Coen Bros. movie so I was expecting something good, but it was boring and fairly shitty. Maybe I wasn't in the mood for it.

reeper

Watched Slacker.

I like the movie, just a movie about random conversations with people. The director has created some characters many people can relate to. Not as pseudo-intellectual feeling as Waking Life, though I like both.

thezerofire

watched Transporter 3 last week. it was really good.

don't come here complaining about the story sucking, because if you thought the story would be good, you're deluding yourself.

reeper

December 06, 2008, 12:28:02 PM #36 Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 12:33:10 PM by reefer
Deception - I got it in the mail, I didn't remember putting it on my list. It was good, a little "duh." I don't recommended trying to watch it but if it comes upon you it's worth the time.

The Shining (1990) - I've decided to watch all of Stanley Kubrick's movies from Lolita and above. I've seen it before as a child but it was great to watch it again. Some of the scenes are just so memorable, the child on his big wheel riding down the hotel. The sound of the wheels as they drive on the carpet and on the hard wood. The music is so amazing, it makes you feel the way the scenes only hint at.

Angel-A - Pretty great movie, directed by Luc Besson  who also directed The Fifth Element. It's a story of a guy who is in debt and goes to off himself when he finds a woman doing the same. There were some really cool shots of the two just walking, shes supposed to be really really tall though shes is only 5'10", the main character, the male, is just really short (5'5".) The film is in a black and white without reason besides artistic maybe.

I ordered a few movies from Amazon: Kill Bill 1 and 2 (Blu-ray for $30 combined, I suggest everyone who has blu-ray do the same), The Fifth Element, Reservoir Dogs.

I'm trying to collect all of Quentin Tarantino's and Stanley Kubrick's work.

Daddy

last week clucky and i watched 'the ballad of jack and rose'

now we shall watch hot fuzz

Meyer Lansky

reeper

December 08, 2008, 04:33:36 PM #40 Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 10:41:46 PM by reefer
Trainspotting - I've read Filth by Irvine Welsh, the author of the book Trainspotting. The movie seems to fit the style of Irvine Welsh. Scottish dialogue. Some scenes just always seem to impress me, the toilet scene is just awesome. I always forget about him traveling down into it.

2001: A Space Odyssey - Great movie, though I can how someone can dislike it. It's a bit slow though the scene of Bowman dismantling HAL was great. The deep red room in which Bowman floats around in while HAL is asking what he is doing. Another of my favorite scenes was the monkeys as the first one discovers how to use tools and they overcome the other group of monkeys.

Young Frankenstein - This movie was great... until they created "the creature." I've read Frankenstein and though this movie has so many mistakes within it about the original book (it's based off of the movies of course) it was awesome until "it" came to life. "It" wasn't a good character, no personality, not funny, didn't add anything to the movie. Now Frankenstein's assistant Igor was awesome, and Frankenstein himself was great (Gene Wilder who also played Willy Wonka and surprisingly is still alive.)

reeper

Me and You and Everyone we Know - Some great ass scenes. A little out of place bits but those bits are great. For example:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQoJo81lujk[/youtube]

me003

Quote from: reefer on December 09, 2008, 11:25:02 PM
Me and You and Everyone we Know - Some great ass scenes. A little out of place bits but those bits are great. For example:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQoJo81lujk[/youtube]
LOL I've seen that many times before but I've never seen the movie.

I saw 4 Christmases it sucked my D.

oh and I got a Wall E watch too, but I immediately ripped the watch part out, and then I don't know what happened to it.
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

l a c e y

reeper

Spun - Directed by Jonas Ã…kerlund. He's directed lots of music videos and this was his debut film. At parts I got really anxious because of all the scenes switching back and forth. I really liked "Frisbee," because I could relate to his hobbies. Video games and metal, though he also did meth. He also wore some cool hats. It was a good movie, though it wasn't exactly well thought out and didn't really contain an actual story, just some plots that intertwined. Had some funny camera work, like a wrestler (on tv) gave a fully facial expression to a character's quirky statement, as if the wrestler was reacting to that character.

Go Up