April 20, 2024, 04:20:49 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Assisted Suicide

Started by Wrench, November 20, 2008, 07:24:50 PM

previous topic - next topic

Should it be legal?

yes
6 (26.1%)
no
0 (0%)
yes, under circumstances
17 (73.9%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Go Down

FAMY2

I really don't know. I guess if someone wants to die they can do it themselves. Then it would be suicide. But to have help? I just can't help thinking that is murder. Just because the person asks you to do it doesn't make it right.
But I hate the suffering that goes with some diseases.  psyduck; I just don't know.

Daddy

Quote from: Clair on November 25, 2008, 10:48:31 AM
I really don't know. I guess if someone wants to die they can do it themselves. Then it would be suicide. But to have help? I just can't help thinking that is murder. Just because the person asks you to do it doesn't make it right.
But I hate the suffering that goes with some diseases.  psyduck; I just don't know.
It's done in a medical environment with the help of drugs and such.
I'd rather have that than people botch a suicide attempt and end up surviving after blowing off half their face, destroying their organs even more, or paralyzing themselves.

YPrrrr

I'm not for suicide at all... Assisted suicide is somewhat understandable I guess, but I still don't really approve of the idea.

Watch me end up as a vegetable now

FAMY2

Quote from: Angry Kewn Fruit on November 25, 2008, 10:53:50 AM
It's done in a medical environment with the help of drugs and such.
I'd rather have that than people botch a suicide attempt and end up surviving after blowing off half their face, destroying their organs even more, or paralyzing themselves.

I am not sure that just because it is done in a professional manner with drugs makes it any better. It is till taking a life. And in a sense even though you have the person's permission it's murder.   saddood;

Det in F♯ Major

Quote from: Clair on November 26, 2008, 06:54:01 PM
I am not sure that just because it is done in a professional manner with drugs makes it any better. It is till taking a life. And in a sense even though you have the person's permission it's murder.   saddood;

I've heard people who've survived their suicide attempts say the second they try, they regret it. 
Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

FAMY2

Quote from: Draco Malfoy on November 27, 2008, 03:23:23 AM
I've heard people who've survived their suicide attempts say the second they try, they regret it. 

That's what makes me think it isn't a good idea.  :(

Houdini

I think it should definitely be an option for terminally ill patients. Everyone should have the right to die with dignity. However, potential suicides who are simply depressed should not be granted the right to assisted suicide, instead being directed toward a sympathetic counselor.

:atomsk:

Quote from: Clair on November 27, 2008, 08:52:55 AM
That's what makes me think it isn't a good idea.  :(

It's not a good idea.

:atomsk:

As much as i don't want people to die, some people just don't have any reason to stay alive. The right to die would be abused so often by depressed people. It'd be difficult to keep it in check.

Daddy

Quote from: Draco Malfoy on November 27, 2008, 03:23:23 AM
Generally most 'suicide attempts' are not attempts, but rather to ask for help.

Det in F♯ Major

Quote from: Angry Kewn Fruit on December 10, 2008, 11:31:06 AM

wut
Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

l a c e y

Daddy

Quote from: Draco Malfoy on December 10, 2008, 11:52:38 AM
wut
They really didn't want to kill themselves so of course they didn't regret.

There are those who fail, but really are trying to kill themselves.  They don't regret.  They are the ones who keep trying.

Or like Lacey said:
Quote from: l a c e y on December 10, 2008, 11:53:44 AM
like a cry for help..

YPrrrr

Quote from: Angry Kewn Fruit on December 10, 2008, 11:31:06 AM
They don't deserve help if they're going to guilt people into it

guff

Quote from: YPR on December 10, 2008, 11:59:24 AM
They don't deserve help if they're going to guilt people into it
well it's not so much a "i'm going to fail in my attempt to end my life so people will help me" thing as it is "something's really screwed up with my life and i feel hopeless and don't want to live anymore i just wish there was some way i could feel better" doodhuh;

Go Up