April 17, 2024, 06:42:44 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Assisted Suicide

Started by Wrench, November 20, 2008, 07:24:50 PM

previous topic - next topic

Should it be legal?

yes
6 (26.1%)
no
0 (0%)
yes, under circumstances
17 (73.9%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Go Down

Wrench

I fully support it as long there are certain circumstances. I believe that life is indeed precious, but we should control our own life and bodies. Just imagine that 88 year old suffering from being lonely(spouse died) and having pains every night. You can't force them to duke it out and be miserable. When they believe it is their time to go, it should be the time to go. I am only against it if someone is very young and has very minimal problems.
Anyways, what are your thoughts?

j o e i n c

superclucky

what if they were mentally unstabled and purposely got theirselves in the hospital

I just reread your first post and I agree too.
kewns are smelly

Daddy

Yes, if they get an option from a few doctors that it is terminal, and evaluation from several psychologists showing that they are mentally capable of making the decision.

Classic

Yes, under certain circumstances.

don't let's

I don't think they should allow it just because they're lonely and depressed.

Det in F♯ Major

...What happened to people just attempting any kind of suicide?
Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

Terran SCV

Quote from: Detonator on November 21, 2008, 05:03:19 PM
...What happened to people just attempting any kind of suicide?

Uhh prevention methods? idk, lol.
$~ find /home -user You
     ./base

$~ su You

$~ pidof d00dz

$~ kill 1337

CruelPleasure

I agree with it. I think it's your choice if you live or die.

Dullahan

lol isn't it against the bible?

Wrench

Samus Aran

Quote from: Taking a coffee break... on November 22, 2008, 06:15:59 PM
lol isn't it against the bible?

Yes, because the United States and its medical procedures are completely dictated by a book of one single religion. doodthing;

Dullahan

Quote from: Kazmopolitan on November 22, 2008, 11:08:35 PM
Yes, because the United States and its medical procedures are completely dictated by a book of one single religion. doodthing;
Don't forget the people. They might find this legalization wrong.

Let's look at abortion as an example. Some people are with it and some people aren't. Some people straight up want it to be illegal because of their religion and whatnot. So they protest. Why would they protest if they believe it wouldn't work? Some of them have seen things like these turn out nicely, and sometimes it just doesn't work. This discussion has been long and strong to this day.

Or... look at it like this. You find a sandwich on the ground. The ground is so clean, you wouldn't mind eating the sandwich. It has everything you like inside that sandwich. But you want to make sure you pick up that sandwich right so that you can eat it. If you don't pick it up right, the person behind you will pick it up and eat and you'll be disappointed. But the absolute worst thing that could happen is to trip over the sandwich. Not only do you get hurt, the sandwich is dirty and you probably shouldn't eat it. But let's say you go ahead and eat it anyway and get ill. Compare that to what we talk about. If we legalize "assisted suicide" then we have to treat this law right. Make sure that everything goes right with it. People will not agree with it, deal with it. But you don't want to trip over the sandwich.

Try thinking of that with every problem you have in your life.

Ezloﺕ

Quote from: Taking a coffee break... on November 24, 2008, 06:41:27 AM
Don't forget the people. They might find this legalization wrong.

Let's look at abortion as an example. Some people are with it and some people aren't. Some people straight up want it to be illegal because of their religion and whatnot. So they protest. Why would they protest if they believe it wouldn't work? Some of them have seen things like these turn out nicely, and sometimes it just doesn't work. This discussion has been long and strong to this day.

Or... look at it like this. You find a sandwich on the ground. The ground is so clean, you wouldn't mind eating the sandwich. It has everything you like inside that sandwich. But you want to make sure you pick up that sandwich right so that you can eat it. If you don't pick it up right, the person behind you will pick it up and eat and you'll be disappointed. But the absolute worst thing that could happen is to trip over the sandwich. Not only do you get hurt, the sandwich is dirty and you probably shouldn't eat it. But let's say you go ahead and eat it anyway and get ill. Compare that to what we talk about. If we legalize "assisted suicide" then we have to treat this law right. Make sure that everything goes right with it. People will not agree with it, deal with it. But you don't want to trip over the sandwich.

Try thinking of that with every problem you have in your life.
but you just blatantly said that is was against the bible
:)

Dullahan

Quote from: Ezlo on November 24, 2008, 02:07:28 PM
but you just blatantly said that is was against the bible
and that's exactly what's gonna trip over the sandwich

Go Up