May 20, 2024, 06:51:21 PM

1,531,628 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

status/hereness

Started by the shortest route to the sea, May 16, 2010, 09:22:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the shortest route to the sea

I feel kinda bad posting a thread about this, but the excuse that it's about how much I'll be posting. Which is less for the next few months.
I have my recording project to finish up, meaning that I need to spend the next 2 weeks doing pretty intensive work in addition to the job I just got, which has a good hourlong commute, and school's not exactly over yet.
Also, I pretty recently had a falling out with my folks about trans related stuff. Long story short I thought they were further along than they were, and they were fine with me only as far as conceeding to exploration. My mother doesn't really think I'm trans, and was waiting for the "problem" to go away. It was kind of expected, but this is hitting me kind of hard; it means that me being trans has to tear my family apart in some fashion, both with my parents and sister and extended family. It also means I'll have to do medical stuff myself, which I am legally capable of doing, and can get the money for by the end of the summer, against my parents' wishes. I've been a few support and therapy groups for a while, and it's pretty clear that this is the right choice for me; I'm going to enter consulation with a local clinic as soon as possible, follow standard procedure and jump through the hoops, with all the patience I've had for the last 4-5 years. Just...fuck.
Because this is so complicated and hurts, I'm pretty much retreating from society. I'll be checking my email so I can get PMs, but otherwise you won't hear much of me for a while. Good luck all.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Andria

Aww I will miss you  saddood;

The whole deal with your parents sucks a lot and I hope it works out much much better for you. So best of luck to you too pqqu!

Kalahari Inkantation

goodbye pq :'(

I hope everything turns out well. saddood;

YPrrrr

Good luck pqqu, you're a smart and resourceful person, I'm sure you'll figure everything out. The family thing sucks though, and I wish you much fortitude with that situation

FAMY2

wry  I feel like part of me is leaving.  Just remember most of us understand and care. We are supporting you even if you can't feel it.  cjlubdoods;

The spy who loves you

I'll miss you.

I wish you luck in pursuing what makes you happy.

spaceman

I wish you good luck with all your endeavors.   cjlubdoods;

Go Up