April 24, 2024, 10:17:20 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Fallout 3 Thread

Started by C.Mongler, October 28, 2008, 11:41:33 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: … on June 28, 2015, 07:32:12 PM
Quote from: Tectron on June 28, 2015, 07:25:58 PM
i play using a [glow=black,2,300]controller[/glow]

the flashlight is invaluable lol, some of those stupid endless metro stations are 2dark
that's how I want to play :(

spend $150 on an xbox one eliteâ,,¢ controller y/n

don't let's

Quote from: Tectron on June 28, 2015, 07:41:20 PM
Quote from: … on June 28, 2015, 07:32:12 PM
Quote from: Tectron on June 28, 2015, 07:25:58 PM
i play using a [glow=black,2,300]controller[/glow]

the flashlight is invaluable lol, some of those stupid endless metro stations are 2dark
that's how I want to play :(

spend $150 on an xbox one eliteâ,,¢ controller y/n
lol I couldn't believe that when I saw it.

I do want an xbox one controller to use in my computer though.

Kalahari Inkantation

closing in on 1000 saves btw, already over 2gb worth

i pray to the bethesda gods that the game will be playable enough for me to actually hit 1000 after upgrading to windows 10 (man am i going to regret this)

Thyme

ME##

2gb of saves is completely reasonable, for we are bethesda

Samus Aran

i...don't get why you would make that many saves. start deleting some you know you'll never have a reason to go back to.

i cycle between five that i overwrite so i can always go back a ways if i fuck something up, and then keep a few reserve old saves far prior to any important decisions just in case

Quote from: David on August 02, 2015, 02:09:35 PM

bethesda probably doesn't assume people are going to keep a thousand saves, because most people probably don't

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on August 03, 2015, 12:16:21 AM
i...don't get why you would make that many saves. start deleting some you know you'll never have a reason to go back to.

i cycle between five that i overwrite so i can always go back a ways if i fuck something up, and then keep a few reserve old saves far prior to any important decisions just in case

Quote from: David on August 02, 2015, 02:09:35 PM

bethesda probably doesn't assume people are going to keep a thousand saves, because most people probably don't

it's primarily because on pc it's one button press easier to create a new file than it is to overwrite an old one lol, and it doesn't really make sense to be constantly going into the game's save directory and manually deleting old saves as i finish with them, may as well do it once when i'm done with the game overall

whereas i imagine on console you're forced to eventually overwrite previous saves for space management reasons

skyrim is exactly the same way (and its save filess are even bigger) which is why at one point i had like 30+gb of saves sillydood;

Thyme

yeah in other words it's 100% tec's fault 5thgrade;

don't let's

Quote from: Tectron on August 03, 2015, 03:05:00 PMwhereas i imagine on console you're forced to eventually overwrite previous saves for space management
it's horrible and tedious to delete saves on a console. Especially if you rack up enough of them to where the save window lags

Samus Aran

which is why you just don't make new saves every time in the first place goowan

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on August 03, 2015, 10:03:29 PM
which is why you just don't make new saves every time in the first place goowan

bethesda itself greatly encourages digital wastefulness and inefficiency, from both its programmers and its consumers

a good bethesda fan must oblige

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Thyme on August 01, 2015, 07:52:08 PM
Quote from: Tectron on August 01, 2015, 07:37:02 PM
(man am i going to regret this)

don't :(

it works goodjob;

[spoiler]

now my controller, on the other hand............. smth;[/spoiler]

Kalahari Inkantation

allow the ghouls into tenpenny tower y/n

Samus Aran

well, you can't live there if you saved megaton anyway. allowing the ghouls into tenpenny tower is the "good" way of doing that quest. just be aware that all human residents of the tower are doomed to die if you do this, and tenpenny himself is part of "you gotta shoot em in the head."

Kalahari Inkantation

Little Lamplight is absolutely terrible. SocksDood;

Go Up