April 22, 2024, 11:59:49 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

i'm kinda worried for my friend

Started by xronniiee, September 24, 2008, 09:02:01 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

xronniiee

she's not exactly...mentally stable
and today she was talking about how she couldn't get to sleep because she was having anxiety attacks. she kept thinking that god hates her and he won't allow her to go to heaven.  and she keeps thinking that she's going to be possesed.
i'm just worried about her. she keeps having all these problems. she got into another "omg ima break up with youuu" fight with her boyfriend last week, and then she thought she was pregnant (she's not though), and all this other stuff
i mean, i love her to death and she's a great friend
but i can't stand to see her all depressed and worried all the time. 

i really don't know how to help her, but i don't want to be a bad friend and do nothing...

FAMY2

Tell her to see her doctor. Or better go with her. Talk to her and tell her you are concerned.

Knig

Sit down with her and have a serious discussion. Ask her the reasons she believes God hates her/etc., and try to find the root of the problem. Sometimes people really just need someone to tell all their troubles to.

If it comes to the case where she should see a psychiatrist/psychologist, tell her how seeing a docotr for mental health reasons is perfectly acceptable and are not reserved for insane maniacs. It's a common misconception some of my friends had when they needed a little help.

Daddy

i had an anxiety attack and went to the hospital.  baddood;

i wouldn't advise having her take medication since even though it helps me sometimes I do end up having some bad side effects.  powerofone;

xronniiee

Quote from: Rycerz on September 25, 2008, 09:32:38 AM
Sit down with her and have a serious discussion. Ask her the reasons she believes God hates her/etc., and try to find the root of the problem. Sometimes people really just need someone to tell all their troubles to.

If it comes to the case where she should see a psychiatrist/psychologist, tell her how seeing a docotr for mental health reasons is perfectly acceptable and are not reserved for insane maniacs. It's a common misconception some of my friends had when they needed a little help.

i'm a little scared to talk with her because i feel if i say the wrong thing to her, she'll freak out.  plus her boyfriend is kinda scary too and he gets jealous when other guys are with her....so i don't wanna cause trouble with that
and she has been to see our schools psychiatrist (but i have too, just because he's like...one of the bombest people everrrr). last week she went to the doctor's to get a brain scan because her anxiety has been so bad lately.
she just seems to have all these problems, and i really do wanna be there for her and help her...it's just hard..

Houdini

The best thing to do is to have a long, open, one-on-one talk about it and from there doing what you can to make her situation better. If she can afford it, I know from personal experience that hooking up with a good therapist can work wonders.

xronniiee

Quote from: Houdini on September 25, 2008, 08:28:55 PM
The best thing to do is to have a long, open, one-on-one talk about it and from there doing what you can to make her situation better. If she can afford it, I know from personal experience that hooking up with a good therapist can work wonders.

she professional help every so often
but i really don't know if it's working or not..

Houdini

Quote from: xronniiee on September 25, 2008, 08:30:38 PM
she professional help every so often
but i really don't know if it's working or not..
There's a good chance the psychologist she's seeing sucks. I also know from personal experience that it takes a few tries to find the right psychologist.

xronniiee

Quote from: Houdini on September 25, 2008, 08:32:35 PM
There's a good chance the psychologist she's seeing sucks. I also know from personal experience that it takes a few tries to find the right psychologist.

do you think i should help her find a good one or leave that up to her??

Houdini

Quote from: xronniiee on September 25, 2008, 08:37:43 PM
do you think i should help her find a good one or leave that up to her??
You should definitely help her. It always feels good to know that someone is helping you out.

xronniiee

Quote from: Houdini on September 25, 2008, 08:45:56 PM
You should definitely help her. It always feels good to know that someone is helping you out.

thats true..
thanks <3

l a c e y

why would you even write about that on here.
im pretty sure she wouldnt enjoy reading about herself on here.
jesus.

Almighty Wyld Wrath

Tell her not to sweat her fate because she doesn't have much control over it anyway and worrying about it won't help.
Boring Children Can Be Helped.

By Someone Else.

Houdini

Quote from: Almighty Wyld Wrath on October 06, 2008, 09:48:29 AM
Tell her not to sweat her fate because she doesn't have much control over it anyway and worrying about it won't help.
What the hell? Yeah, actually she does. It's not like God is trying to make her life suck. She can alter her situation if she wants.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Almighty Wyld Wrath on October 06, 2008, 09:48:29 AM
Pre-determinism is a terrible belief

Go Up