October 05, 2024, 09:31:04 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Sega Saturn games?

Started by Cookie, September 03, 2008, 08:38:01 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Cookie

I just realized that I only have three games for my Sega Saturn which are Street Fight, NiGHTS and Sonic 3D blast. So I decided I was gonna look into getting some more saturn games. Boyah have any suggestions. It would be nice if anyone knew of any RPGs for Sega Saturn?

Samus Aran

September 03, 2008, 10:00:17 AM #1 Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 02:47:51 PM by Kazmuffin
The Panzer Dragoon games are awesome. I've heard that Astal is a pretty good platformer. I think Virtual On is on the Saturn, but the Dreamcast version is of course better.

The list of supposedly good shmups is pretty massive for the Saturn:

Radiant Silvergun
Thunderforce V
Darius Gaiden
KonamiĆ¢ā,¬ā,,¢s Deluxe Packs (Gradius, Salamander, Parodius and Twinbee)
Gunbird
Sexy Parodius
Thunderforce Gold Pack 1
Thunderforce Gold Pack 2
Battle Garegga
Batsugun
DoDonPachi
DonPachi
Layer Section II
Soukyugurentai
In The Hunt
Keio Yugekitai
Kingdom Grandprix
Twinkle Star Sprites
Guardian Force
Hyper Duel
Image Fight/X-Multiply
Sengoku Blade
Strikers 1945
Strikers 1945 II
Galactic Attack
Cotton 2
Cotton Bommerang
Shienryu

Grandia is supposedly a good RPG. The fighting games on the Dreamcast are mostly the same series as other consoles (Street Fighter, SF Alpha, King of Fighters, etc.). Stay away from the Virtua Fighter series and other 3D fighters, but the Saturn does 2D fighters well. There's a fighter I've always been sort of interested in called "Waku Waku 7," which seems to be the cartooniest fighter I've ever seen.

KonohaShinobi

well, no reason for lawlz to post now.

ncba93ivyase

I think the only good rpg to get a Saturn release and isn't over $100 is Albert Odyssey, which I'm currently trying to get for a good price. For non-RPGs, I suggest Rayman, astal, panzer dragoon series, and any shmup.

Also, get one of those action replay ram carts to play imports, many of which are dirt cheap on eBay.

And grandia never got a us release but you can get it in moonspeak for ten bucks new.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Go Up