October 05, 2024, 11:35:07 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Super Mario RPG available now on Virtual Console

Started by Classic, September 01, 2008, 11:48:06 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Quote from: Mallow on September 05, 2008, 07:49:05 PM
He's really good in the end.

Well yeah, but as long as you're not stupid, all your characters will be really good in the end.

Kalahari Inkantation

Samus Aran

Quote from: TECTRON on September 05, 2008, 08:46:19 PM
I hate Kero Sewers. :|
HELP

Just go in every pipe if you're that lost. You'll find your way eventually.

Dullahan

Quote from: Kazmuffin on September 05, 2008, 08:37:20 PM
Well yeah, but as long as you're not stupid, all your characters will be really good in the end.
How can you be stupid? Accessorizing the character is so straight forward. And there really is only one top armour for every character in the end. Weapons too (for a few).

Samus Aran

Quote from: Mallow on September 05, 2008, 09:04:33 PM
How can you be stupid? Accessorizing the character is so straight forward. And there really is only one top armour for every character in the end. Weapons too (for a few).

Uh, my point was that every character can be equipped and leveled up almost exactly the same way, so every character has roughly the same highest possible stats. The only exceptions to that are a couple character-exclusive armor and accessory things (Peach can't use Work Pants, Super Suit is only for Mario, etc.) and of course the Lazy Shell (weapon) and the Frying Pan.

SMRPG does not have much variation in the characters except for their magic, and that's useless at the end of the game anyway, because Smithy is most subsceptible to physical attacks.

Geno

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Himu

I'm stuck on that god damn squid blooper boss thingy.

Hellllllp. [:

Samus Aran

Quote from: Spunky on September 06, 2008, 01:53:39 AM
I'm stuck on that god damn squid blooper boss thingy.

Hellllllp. [:

Sunken ship?

I don't really have any advice for that boss other than being leveled up enough, timing all your hits, and shit like that. Mario's Super Flame is fairly effective on the head, King Calimari.

He's a boss I don't really remember that well as far as weaknesses, because I haven't tried much. Never tried using Mallow's magic or anything on him.

Wrench

Quote from: TECTRON on September 05, 2008, 08:46:19 PM
I hate Kero Sewers. :|
HELP

That part was a bitch. Took me an hour to get out. Just Google a walkthrough like I did. Also, I just got Geno. baddood;

greg400

What the hell are these Frog Coins even for? Because I just blew 1000 coins to give some fat bitch a carbo cookie in exchange for a frog coin. psyduck;

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Wrench on September 06, 2008, 04:08:38 PM
That part was a bitch. Took me an hour to get out. Just Google a walkthrough like I did. Also, I just got Geno. baddood;

I figured it out. I also just got Geno. baddood;

Samus Aran

September 06, 2008, 05:16:20 PM #41 Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 05:39:11 PM by Kazmuffin
Quote from: greg400 on September 06, 2008, 05:03:38 PM
What the hell are these Frog Coins even for? Because I just blew 1000 coins to give some fat bitch a carbo cookie in exchange for a frog coin. psyduck;

That carbo cookie thing is mostly pointless. Although I think it does open that little bucket some mole girl was sitting on, and then you can use it as a pipe to go down Midas River once again (only the frog coins are back).

Frog Coins are used to buy items from one of the tadpoles in Tadpole Pond, but those items aren't all that useful. The best use of Frog Coins is at a later point in the game at a place called Seaside Town. A frog there will sell you some pretty valuable stuff, such as the Scrooge Ring and the Exp. Booster.

FullmetalGanon

sounds like fun
but now i cant download it cause of this stupid internet ;-;

Kalahari Inkantation

That faggot Croco stole my coins in the Mines, and now I can't find him. :|
HELP

greg400

Quote from: TECTRON on September 06, 2008, 06:14:28 PM
That faggot Croco stole my coins in the Mines, and now I can't find him. :|
HELP
Try bouncing on the same spring you got your coins stolen from because of.

Go Up