October 05, 2024, 11:25:23 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Super Mario RPG available now on Virtual Console

Started by Classic, September 01, 2008, 11:48:06 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

greg400

I just bought it. First time i've played it and the game is really great. Fuckin Mallow sucks balls against most things though. doodthing;

Geno

Quote from: greg400 on September 02, 2008, 03:08:51 PM
I just bought it. First time i've played it and the game is really great. Fuckin Mallow sucks balls against most things though. doodthing;
Geno owns everything
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Kalahari Inkantation

Pretty good so far. The battle style will take some getting used to, but so far I love it. baddood;

Classic

Quote from: Geano on September 02, 2008, 06:08:39 PM
Geno owns everything

Peach is better than Mallow and Bowser is better than Geno.

Samus Aran

Quote from: They Call Me Classic on September 02, 2008, 07:27:10 PM
Peach is better than Mallow and Bowser is better than Geno.

Bowser's an FP-hog and his magic sucks so bad it's astonishing.

My favorite team has always been Mario (duh), Peach, and Geno. Peach's ultimate weapon is the best aside from the Lazy Shell, not to mention she has the healing magic that makes items almost completely unnecessary, which leaves money to buy bombs and shit to end battles even faster.

Now, that's not to say that there is a "best" team, considering that strategies always differ depending on the battle. Megasmilax, for example, is extremely weak to Mallow's "Snowy" ability. For Exor, you can actually kill it with the Geno Whirl, so there you go. Use Geno on that one.

When it comes to Smithy, it doesn't seem to matter who you pick (other than Mario and Peach), considering that, provided you got all the ultimate weapons, your three remaining characters should have pretty close to identical attack stats. And magic against Smithy is pretty much pointless, so yeah.

If you don't get the Froggiestick from Frogfucious, you're going to have an even harder time using Mallow. But primarily, Mallow's strengths early on in the game are just in his magic. He'll get useful weapons later, but it really does seem like forever.

Classic

Quote from: Kazmuffin on September 02, 2008, 10:27:43 PM
Bowser's an FP-hog and his magic sucks so bad it's astonishing.

Ummm....

Get Mario wth the Lazy Shell.
Peach to use Magic.
And Bowser as backup for attacks.

I beat the game with no problem. I even beat Culex.

Samus Aran

Quote from: They Call Me Classic on September 05, 2008, 11:38:34 AM
Ummm....

Get Mario wth the Lazy Shell.
Peach to use Magic.
And Bowser as backup for attacks.

I beat the game with no problem. I even beat Culex.

Everyone can beat the game with no problem, including Culex, with basically any team combo. It's not like you're good at the game for beating Culex, because he's really a complete pushover.

doodthing;

Of course you get the Lazy Shell for Mario. This is common sense. You get the Frying Pan for Peach and have her use physical attacks and magic, otherwise you're not using her to her fullest. She's seriously a great attacker.

Bowser's physical attacks are no better than Geno's, unless you purposely went higher on Bowser's attack during Level Up sequences than with Geno's. And that'd be retarded, because that's sacrificing his other stats and the boost is minimal anyway.

greg400

Quote from: Kazmuffin on September 02, 2008, 10:27:43 PM
If you don't get the Froggiestick from Frogfucious, you're going to have an even harder time using Mallow. But primarily, Mallow's strengths early on in the game are just in his magic. He'll get useful weapons later, but it really does seem like forever.
So when do I get this Froggiestick?

I just talked to Frogfucious and just got at the town with the arrows shooting down.

Samus Aran

Quote from: greg400 on September 05, 2008, 12:44:32 PM
So when do I get this Froggiestick?

I just talked to Frogfucious and just got at the town with the arrows shooting down.

You should have already gotten it. A lot of people forget it or just never knew about it.

Remember how Mallow stormed into town chasing after Croco to get his coin back? Well, he wanted that coin so he could buy something for Frogfucious at the store in Mushroom Kingdom. You need to go get it now that you have Mallow's coin back, and then you give Frogfucious' cricket pie that you get to him, and he'll give you the Froggiestick.

greg400

Quote from: Kazmuffin on September 05, 2008, 12:47:47 PM
You should have already gotten it. A lot of people forget it or just never knew about it.

Remember how Mallow stormed into town chasing after Croco to get his coin back? Well, he wanted that coin so he could buy something for Frogfucious at the store in Mushroom Kingdom. You need to go get it now that you have Mallow's coin back, and then you give Frogfucious' cricket pie that you get to him, and he'll give you the Froggiestick.
Alright, thanks.

Wrench

Samus Aran

Quote from: Wrench on September 05, 2008, 02:12:23 PM
how do you get out of the sewer? :(

I know how to get through it, but not really off the top of my head. I remember a couple key pipes that you need to go in to do it the way I usually do, like the one with a rat circling around it that's right next to a rat that's for some reason standing on a wall.

All I remember for certain is that you need to the button that drains the sewer, then you go into a pipe that was before underwater, near the entrance but all the way to the farthest south-west you can go from the entrance.

Dullahan

um no

Samus Aran

Quote from: Mallow on September 05, 2008, 04:16:00 PM
um no

Physically, um ya. He does until you get to Moleville. Early in the game, he's almost useless except for his magic.

Dullahan

Quote from: Kazmuffin on September 05, 2008, 04:17:26 PM
Physically, um ya. He does until you get to Moleville. Early in the game, he's almost useless except for his magic.
He's really good in the end.

Go Up