April 23, 2024, 05:51:47 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I want a MacBook Air

Started by FAMY2, July 27, 2008, 07:30:44 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

FAMY2

LCK

the lack of disk drive bothers me

FAMY2

Quote from: Trevie on July 27, 2008, 07:36:20 AM
the lack of disk drive bothers me

Me too. I guess something had to go to make it that thin.

Does anyone really have one here?   O_0

LCK

Quote from: Clair on July 27, 2008, 07:39:24 AM
Me too. I guess something had to go to make it that thin.

Does anyone really have one here?   O_0
I doubt it.
I think most people here realize that the cons outweigh the pros, and the whole "thin" gimmick isn't worth $3000.
It's all about portability, and most people here never leave the comfort of their home so it's pretty much useless.

Wrench

I think someone's sister has one. If there is no CD drive, I'm not interested.

Daddy

There's a wireless CD drive.

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Hammurai on July 27, 2008, 08:06:01 AM
I think someone's sister has one. If there is no CD drive, I'm not interested.
hi

Kalahari Inkantation

thief's sister has one
I don't see why one wouldn't just buy a regular MacBook. It's cheaper, has more features, and just a little bit thicker. doodthing;

ME##

I wouldn't buy one even if I had the money, the lack of an optical drive and lack of ports are the biggest cons against it.  I'd just rather have a standard MacBook, you get the same screen size, keyboard, a good processor, an optical drive and a replaceable battery and it's only a little thicker and heavier.

Feynman

I've thought about getting one, but when I thought about what I actually need it for on the road, all I really needed was an iPhone.

Quote from: Trevie on July 27, 2008, 07:50:31 AM
I doubt it.
I think most people here realize that the cons outweigh the pros, and the whole "thin" gimmick isn't worth $3000.
It's all about portability, and most people here never leave the comfort of their home so it's pretty much useless.

It's not 3000 dollars, it's only 1700.

And it's aimed at those that travel a lot and need a notebook with them at all times.

LCK

Quote from: Bassir on July 27, 2008, 12:08:31 PM
I've thought about getting one, but when I thought about what I actually need it for on the road, all I really needed was an iPhone.
It's not 3000 dollars, it's only 1700.

And it's aimed at those that travel a lot and need a notebook with them at all times.

the damn video said 3000

or at least thats what i heard on there

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Bassir on July 27, 2008, 12:08:31 PM

So you can't just get a Macbook for cheaper and have it do all the same stuff? doodthing;

ME##

Quote from: Trevie on July 27, 2008, 12:33:40 PM
the damn video said 3000

or at least thats what i heard on there

That's because the SSD option used to be $1000 if I recall.  Now it's $599.

guff

Quote from: Thief888 on July 27, 2008, 12:43:27 PM
So you can't just get a Macbook for cheaper and have it do all the same stuff? doodthing;

yes, but you can't brag about that as much

Feynman

Quote from: Thief888 on July 27, 2008, 12:43:27 PM

The Air is a more attractively portable notebook.

I don't know why you'd need something so small, but whatever. If someone was rich enough to buy an Air, he might as well buy the Pro. goonish

Go Up