Homophobia in your school? (Secondary school)

Started by Dullahan, July 24, 2008, 10:01:58 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

guff

Quote from: Red Lightning on July 30, 2008, 12:30:13 PM
You don't think it would be awkward if he started hitting on you, which could be a very real possibility?
it's funny how homophobes always seem to think that's going to happen doodthing;

in that case you just say no, just as you would if a female you weren't interested in asked you out

just1more

Quote from: Commodore Guff on July 30, 2008, 12:33:11 PM
it's funny how homophobes always seem to think that's going to happen doodthing;

in that case you just say no, just as you would if a female you weren't interested in asked you out

Alright. You're right. I'm just overreacting.

It's possible he may not even be gay. It just sort of looked like he was.

ME##

You don't think it would be awkward if he started hitting on you, which could be a very real possibility?

Like Guff said, you would just have to tell him that you're not gay, I don't see why that would be hard.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Red Lightning on July 30, 2008, 12:22:25 PM
Touché.

However, it's not that I'm scared of gays. Hell, I have gay friends. I'm just scared of how awkward it would be to room with one.
Like the possible gay sex that would occur in your room? :|

Houdini

You're assuming that gay people will hit on any man in sight.

Classic

Quote from: Picasso on July 30, 2008, 08:31:07 PM

He is, and it's a god damned stereotype.

Grow a pair. It's not like he'll touch you or anything. :|

The spy who loves you

Quote from: Houdini on July 30, 2008, 08:31:07 PM
Like this kid in my advisory.

He was being a jackass to me, he found out I said I hated him.

He took it as a compliment because he "didn't want me hitting on him".

I wouldn't touch pretty much any freshmen in my school with a 20 ft pool.

And Because a lot of guys are assholes and understanding, I'll probably never start a more than friendly relationship with any of them.

It's tough.

Classic

Quote from: Camtaro on August 25, 2008, 08:54:18 PM
Like this kid in my advisory.

He was being a jackass to me, he found out I said I hated him.

He took it as a compliment because he "didn't want me hitting on him".

I wouldn't touch pretty much any freshmen in my school with a 20 ft pool.

And Because a lot of guys are assholes and understanding, I'll probably never start a more than friendly relationship with any of them.

It's tough.

Sugar, you don't know tough.

Skylark

I live in Southern Arizona and it doesn't really seem like homophobia is a big issue here. There are a lot of very Christian (-Spanish Catholic) here so I imagine there is not as much acceptance here as there could be but nobody is very vocal about it.
I did sit across from this boy Freshman year (he was a Senior at the time) and he told me once about this gay boy that took his boyfriend to problem and there were a lot of issues with that because he was "acting gay" or something like that.
Other than that I've never really seen any anti-homo behavior. It's funny. With some groups of kids at school it seems as if being queer is cool but they just don't understand it, I think.
the book of right on

The spy who loves you

Quote from: They Call Me Classic on August 25, 2008, 10:25:32 PM
Sugar, you don't know tough.
I meant for people victim to homophobes in general.

I know I might not have been through as much, but a lot of relationships have become awkard for me some even reject me completely.

Go Up