Homophobia in your school? (Secondary school)

Started by Dullahan, July 24, 2008, 10:01:58 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Daddy

I live in Massachusetts.  baddood;

It wasn't really a huge problem.  People called each other fags quite a bit but as for actual homophobia, it wasn't an issue.  My school had several gays in it.

ME##

I've heard people call each other 'fag' or 'gay' a yeah, but I doubt they meant to actually offend homosexuals.

I've only experienced true homophobia a few times, mostly from the same people.  Like one kid in my math class stating that 'God created AIDS to kill homosexuals...' he went on but I was sitting too far away to hear what else he said, and then on the Day of Silence my world history class got into a huge argument about how 'wrong' homosexuality is and how homosexuals shouldn't be able to marry. 

Geno

Yet another example that proves that the Bible is full of shit.
Homosexuality is a sin, so does that mean God wants people to be sinners by making them gay?  baddood;
I see no reason to hate people of different sexual orientation. They're people, just like us, except they like to have sex with other people of the same sex.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Geno on July 26, 2008, 06:03:28 PM
Homosexuality is a sin, so does that mean God wants people to be sinners by making them gay?  baddood;
I see no reason to hate people of different sexual orientation. They're people, just like us, except they like to have sex with other people of the same sex.
Supposedly this god gave humans free will and they're supposed to "correct" themselves to accept him.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

YPrrrr

Quote from: Geno on July 26, 2008, 06:03:28 PM
Technically it's just sodomy that's deemed sinful in the bible.

And the bible definitely does not say to hate people of a different sexual orientation.

mariofreak

There are a few lesbians at our school, but nobody really cares. I'm sure there are many gays too, but none that we actually know about. Anyways, I rarely hear anybody being called gay or a faggot etc. It typically is frowned upon to say something like that... Even my private school in Florida had more people being called a fag then here. Really, it just makes you sound immature.

Placebo Headwound

From what I can tell, there isn't really any homophobia in my school, at least from what I've seen.

Hell, there was this flamboyantly gay guy that walked around during my lunch period first semester and he never got harassed. doodthing;

sans culottes

I'm in Texas, in the south, where it's stereotyped that we grab one of our twenty guns and shoot the homosexuals. However, I'm in Dallas, the most mediocre and average city in the nation. My school is just like the others.

I know of one guy who is slightly openly gay. I don't really know much, but my sister says everyone likes him and he's the key gay-friend to a lot of girls. The girls in my school pretty much don't have anything against gay men, though it's likely they'd make fun of lesbians.

Sometimes, fag is just meant as an insult, not as in "you're gay". I think we're all guilty of calling someone a fag, not meaning homosexual. But it's easy to tell when they're actually calling you a homo. Among the guys, I've gotten a few opinions on gays. Generally, the more intellectual people, liking it or not, agree that their sexuality is none of our business. I've met a few who say they just don't like gay people, but they're not super serious gay haters.

Homophobia tends to relate to insecurity. I've often reminded the assholes that "YOU'RE A HOMO, GO FUCK A MAN" is an ancient and overdone insult, and I remind them to have some more creativity. I also like to have fun with it. Sometimes I'll respond to a gay insult with "I'm gay, and gay for you. Let's assfuck." or something like that.

It's all just insecurity and immaturity.
I support BUSH

just1more

I'm not much of a homophobe (in fact, I support gay rights), but I'm really afraid my future roommate in college might be gay. It would be just way too awkward for me.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Red Lightning on July 30, 2008, 08:34:49 AM
I'm not much of a homophobe (in fact, I support gay rights), but I'm really afraid my future roommate in college might be gay. It would be just way too awkward for me.
You can always request to change roommates

just1more

Quote from: Flying Circus on July 30, 2008, 08:37:46 AM
You can always request to change roommates

True, but I'm afraid that might mean changing rooms, and I really like the room I'm in now. It's a large split double, and it's right near the lounge, the bathroom, and the elevators.

guff

Quote from: Red Lightning on July 30, 2008, 08:34:49 AM
I'm not much of a homophobe...but I'm really afraid my future roommate in college might be gay.
i think fear of gay people is sort of the definition of homophobia

just1more

Quote from: Commodore Guff on July 30, 2008, 11:56:02 AM
i think fear of gay people is sort of the definition of homophobia

Touché.

However, it's not that I'm scared of gays. Hell, I have gay friends. I'm just scared of how awkward it would be to room with one.

guff

Quote from: Red Lightning on July 30, 2008, 12:22:25 PM
Touché.

However, it's not that I'm scared of gays. Hell, I have gay friends. I'm just scared of how awkward it would be to room with one.
i'm not racist, i just don't want to live next to black people

just1more

Quote from: Commodore Guff on July 30, 2008, 12:23:55 PM
i'm not racist, i just don't want to live next to black people

You don't think it would be awkward if he started hitting on you, which could be a very real possibility?

Go Up