Homophobia in your school? (Secondary school)

Started by Dullahan, July 24, 2008, 10:01:58 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dullahan

July 24, 2008, 10:01:58 PM Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 06:54:51 AM by Salad
I'm assuming that most of you are in high school. If you are beyond high school, try to be nostalgic for a moment. I wouldn't really recommend anyone who is in any grade below 7 and 8 to post in this thread, but then again, it's hard to imagine that this place contains a lot of people that age.

Anyways, back on topic, how often does homophobia occur in your school? In my school, it's basically everywhere. I seriously don't have a problem with it, but whenever I use the term "fag," I would only say it just to piss the other person off. It's not that I'm intentionally trying to offend any homosexual that hears me, I'm intentionally trying to offend whoever would be pissing me off. Yes, I'm that bad, but I try to avoid it.

The big thing is, it's not just my school. It's pretty much every school that's around my area. I'm counting around 6 or 7 schools that are pretty much like mine when it comes to homophobia. I know this due to the amount of people I know that go to that school. I live in Southern Ontario, and as far as I'm concerned, my county is at large with homophobia.

I'm curious to know if all high schools are alike at this part. I'm glad I live in Canada, so most of you Americans that live across your country can tell me how large homophobia is at your high school. Or if you're out of high school, then tell how it was and how large it was back then and maybe we can compare it to today.

YPrrrr

Yeah people at my school used gay and fag as insults all the time, but that's pretty much where it stopped. There was a lesbian girl that got made fun of all the time, but that was more because she was annoying, because other homosexual kids weren't talked to in the same manner as she was.

Selkie

Pretty high, just like probably all high schools.

I don't consider people using the terms "gay" and "fag" out of context as homophobic. But I do consider people who blatantly say they don't want gays to get married, don't want to see that, etc. as homophobic. It's kind of annoying because they really just do that to try and prove that they are as much of a man as other guys.

Oh well, it doesn't really concern me because I am not gay nor do I have any close connection or connection at all with anyone who is gay (as far as I know).

YPrrrr

Quote from: Selkie224 on July 25, 2008, 07:48:47 AM
I don't consider people using the terms "gay" and "fag" out of context as homophobic.

Yeah I don't really think it is either.

Classic

You get around it.
Insults become a little easier to pass every time.

Bushy

Not that I know of.

Admitted I know only two gay kids doodthing;

There's this one kid other kid's don't care about him being gay, because the guys will talk to him regardless (eh's a pretty cool guy)

The other, however, is really flamboyant and alienates himself from most other guys and hangs around with the girls.
@pokemonyewest on Twitter

Kalahari Inkantation

Insults like "homo", "gay" and "faggit" are used here all the rime. Usually it's not meant to offend someone who really is homosexual, though. There are a few gays and lesbians in my school and, although I think they're only doing it for attention, none of them are ever made fun of. At least, not for being gay.

6M69I69B9

Quote from: They Call Me Classic on July 25, 2008, 08:04:33 AM
You get around it.
Insults become a little easier to pass every time.
Question.

How do you get offended when people call you "fag" or "gay"? It's simply the truth, nothing to be offended of.

So anyway, yeah they're used. Even girls use those words when it's really suppose to be targeting males that are gay, not females. Females get more freedom. I don't really use it as uch as I've used it in Middle School. (God, i was such an ass back then.)
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Classic

I used to be offended, yes.
Then I realized "well, it's true. Might as well play with them".  doodthing;

Socks

What a fucking minefield, not even touching this one.

NewarkWilder

Fag has been dulled as much as mother fucker.

When you call somebody a mother fucker-- are you actually dissing them for fucking their (or somebody else's) mom? Not usually. Same with fag/faggot/gay ass chode licker/etc, people rarely use fag to diss on other's sexual preference, at least in my experience.

Kingmush

People at my school used those insults in like 9th grade, not anymore.

But as for how we treat gays at my school, it seems that as long as you don't make passes at people or aren't annoying people will like you and not treat you any different.

Dullahan

Geno

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

[REDACTED]

I do not have HIV/AIDS.

Go Up