September 27, 2024, 04:26:48 AM

1,531,323 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

So apperntly I'm poor now

Started by C.Mongler, July 03, 2008, 09:16:55 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

At the dinner table my Dad brings up how we're now living paycheck to paycheck and that there's no money to waste anymore and blahdy blah. Then he turns at me and tells me its my fault really because our insurance went up because they decided to register whats technically my car under my name, even though I don't drive the thing.

And my birthday is the 25th and I was going to ask for a DS Lite, but now I don't really want anything if it means I don't get to eat dinner. Would other poor people care to talk about your poor experiences?

KonohaShinobi

I thought you had a job? Why can't you buy it for yourself with that Dominos money?
Then just ask for a game. doodella;

Classic

We're living by paycheck to paycheck too.  :(
I just got a job and buy my own stuff.

Socks

I lived in a semi third world country, the scars...

C.Mongler

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on July 03, 2008, 09:18:03 PM
I thought you had a job? Why can't you buy it for yourself with that Dominos money?
Then just ask for a game. doodella;

I have one but now they make me put half my paycheck in my savings so I only get about 80-120 dollars a paycheck, which isn't enough and I'm horrible at saving money.

Honestly I'm not even sure if that money is going into my savings, it could be going to pay for my Crispex cereal.

Daddy

It's easier when you start younger so you grow up with comments like "I don't know if we can afford Christmas this year".  You then get used to being promised gifts and those promises never being met and then you go oh yeah i'm poor.

Then you move a lot and it's kind of hard to constantly move and have a great childhood.  

Then eventually your dad says he can't afford to have you live with him and you have to move out.
doodthing;
baddood;

also: bonus points for two or three occasions where you had to stay with family since you had nowhere to live.

LCK

Meyer Lansky

Truth be told, I don't think half of you know what "poor" really means.

Socks

I make enough to afford what I need and to usually get what I want. I actually give a portion of my paycheck to the fam for shit that I can help offset.

Quote from: Fredo on July 03, 2008, 09:22:29 PM
Truth be told, I don't think half of you know what "poor" really means.

I don't think all of you know what poor in a developing country means.

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: C. Mongler on July 03, 2008, 09:20:09 PM
I have one but now they make me put half my paycheck in my savings so I only get about 80-120 dollars a paycheck, which isn't enough and I'm horrible at saving money.

Honestly I'm not even sure if that money is going into my savings, it could be going to pay for my Crispex cereal.

Save up for a couple of weeks. You have enough time to get a DS on 80 to 120 dollars a week/every two weeks.

Also, didn't your mom throw $300 at you earlier for a PS3? psyduck;

C.Mongler

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on July 03, 2008, 09:24:26 PM
Save up for a couple of weeks. You have enough time to get a DS on 80 to 120 dollars a week/every two weeks.

Also, didn't your mom throw $300 at you earlier for a PS3? psyduck;

Not really, that came out of my savings, so it wasn't from her pocket, and I had to put the money back anyway  caterpie;

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: C. Mongler on July 03, 2008, 09:26:27 PM
Not really, that came out of my savings, so it wasn't from her pocket, and I had to put the money back anyway  caterpie;

oh lol, I figured your family was packin' if they can just give you $300.

superclucky

I forced myself to live the frugal lifestyle. baddood;

and depend on my parents to buy me clothes since they won't buy me anything else unless I get a job and buy it myself. :(
kewns are smelly

The artist formally known

I never experienced this "poor" thing, jmv you seem to be an expert, please explain

superclucky

Quote from: reefer on July 03, 2008, 09:36:23 PM
I never experienced this "poor" thing, jmv you seem to be an expert, please explain
poor people don't have macs
kewns are smelly

Go Up