How do you deal with the fact that your mother might die?

Started by Geno, June 27, 2008, 11:55:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Geno

My Mom has been diagnosed with cancer and I really can't stand seeing her home all day after getting out from chemo all drugged up and such.
I sometimes cry whenever I think about her dying from it. My mom is the only one in my family that I feel actually loves me.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Verocious

Damn. I almost had that situation. My dad was almost diagnosed with cancer. I don't know what I would've done. I really can't say anything to help you so I'll just stop typi

Lozal

I've had that situation; except with the outcome that's least wanted, my father died instead of being cured.

He was the only one in my family who really loved me unconditionally.
powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone;

Quote from: Pyrate on November 20, 2009, 05:11:08 AM

"You have an amazing body. You have amazing breasts."

Geno

Quote from: Laurami on June 28, 2008, 12:14:07 AM
I've had that situation; except with the outcome that's least wanted, my father died instead of being cured.

He was the only one in my family who really loved me unconditionally.
That's awful  :(
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

FAMY2

You be supportive and reassuring to her. Let you know you love her. Concentrate more on her being happy and taken care of. Make the most of the situation.

Pancake Paraphernalia

Life is a precious thing, so cherish it while it's there. I only overcame the whole "I'm scared of my family dying*sniff*" phase just like a few weeks ago. My grandpa is old, has Alzheimer's, and probably doesn't have much longer, even as mean and as forgetting as he is, he's still my grandpa, and if he leaves the face of this earth and rots in the soil, and even if I can't bring myself to say good-bye, nobody can take memories away from me(like when he gave me a can of beer when I was 3). Although I have had times where I actually thought so hard and was so sad and depressed I believed my parents were dead and I cried like they were. As stupid, as annoying, as bitching as parents may be, nobody can change the fact that they're yours. My own mother's been sick for at least 8 years and I used to be worried sick, but if you worry, you feel like death already arrived and she's going to die the next day. You're mother is here now, so use the time wisely. Show her how appreciative you are of her, and make her happy. And Lingzhi may help cure some sort cancer, it is said. Works well, and keeps your immune system strong. Try to get your hands on some.
number stations

V

I've already dealt with it.

In my opinion, you can't explain how to deal with something like this. You just do.

Feynman

I'm just going to be upset for a few days, then continue on with life. It's a depressing thing, but crying and bitching about it just isn't going to magically revive her from death.

Unless she dies now before I can move out (or in to her basement), I think I'll get over it.

reeper

Ask that one black guy, whats his name.

Same thing happened to his mother, she died.

Daddy

Quote from: reefer on July 03, 2008, 04:19:08 PM
Ask that one black guy, whats his name.

Same thing happened to his mother, she died.
Blaziken or V?

hotlikesauce.

Bushy

My mom smokes at least seven cigarettes a day.   :(

@pokemonyewest on Twitter

reeper

:atomsk:

My mom died from cancer in 2001 when i was 10. She had told me she had cancer and that she was going to die. but being so young, i didn't really understand. I used to wish i could be there when she died, but i don't anymore. I knew she loved me, and she knew i loved her. I only wish i would have spent more time with her instead of watching TV and and stuff. I still wish she hadn't of died. And even though i do get depressed sometimes, and it wasn't fair, I've accepted it as part of that worldly order that isn't going to stop just because you shed a few tears. Make the absolute best out of the time you have with your mother. Even if she doesn't die now, she will eventually, and regret is a horrible thing to live with.

Dullahan

When it seems hopeless, my mom can say the words that can get me back in focus. Like, whenever I have such a shitty day, she gives me words of advise and makes me feel better about myself. Sure, there are still some things we don't agree on, but that's normal.

The first time I really broke down into tears was when my grandpa died three years ago. And I will definitely do the same when my mom passes away. I just hope I don't die before her. That would be awful.

Go Up