April 15, 2024, 09:51:32 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Books - check them out

Started by reeper, June 26, 2008, 02:16:40 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hiro

Quote from: Skylark on July 19, 2009, 05:57:25 PM
the idea of you reading those books makes me angry for a second
why

Sam

Quote from: Hïro on July 19, 2009, 05:38:38 PM
I guess I'm reading Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse

I wanted to get The Stranger but they didn't have it

The Stranger is my absolute favorite novel ever.
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Skylark

Quote from: Sam on July 19, 2009, 10:44:27 PM

mine too

Quote from: Hïro on July 19, 2009, 06:09:14 PM
why

because they're my favorites and I feel protective over them
the book of right on

Sam

Quote from: Skylark on July 19, 2009, 11:00:12 PM
mine too

I reread Meursault's last little spiel (the last 10 pages or so from where he grabs the priest by his cassock) like once a week. I can recite most of it word-for-word from memory. It's kinda pathetic actually, but whatever.
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

reeper

It's pretty good.

Hiro

damn ;_;

Quote from: Skylark on July 19, 2009, 11:00:12 PM
mine too

because they're my favorites and I feel protective over them
okie-dokie

Skylark

Quote from: Sam on July 19, 2009, 11:15:39 PM
I reread Meursault's last little spiel (the last 10 pages or so from where he grabs the priest by his cassock) like once a week. I can recite most of it word-for-word from memory. It's kinda pathetic actually, but whatever.

wow
I love it a lot but I haven't done that. I think I am going to reread it now though.When I was in an english book store in Prague I found a different translation of it and the title was The Outsider. I didn't think it was the same book until I read the first page.

Have you ever heard The Cure song "Killing An Arab"? It's based entirely on The Stranger.
the book of right on

Commander Fuckass

Room Full of Mirrors. Jimi Hendrix's biography
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Houdini

Quote from: Skylark on July 20, 2009, 08:54:10 AM
wow
I love it a lot but I haven't done that. I think I am going to reread it now though.When I was in an english book store in Prague I found a different translation of it and the title was The Outsider. I didn't think it was the same book until I read the first page.

Have you ever heard The Cure song "Killing An Arab"? It's based entirely on The Stranger.
It's not really a great song. The Cure have done way better.

Skylark

Quote from: Houdini on July 25, 2009, 12:24:43 AM
It's not really a great song. The Cure have done way better.

I'm not saying it's their best at all. I only brought it up because it's based on The Stranger and that was what we were talking about and if I didn't know that I would want somebody to tell me.
the book of right on

Cookie

I'm reading Crossfire by Jim Marrs. My first conspiracy theory book and I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

strongbad

Reading Angels and Demons. I just finished the Da Vinci Code and I loved it so I started this one. I can't wait for his 3rd book.

Houdini

Quote from: Skylark on July 25, 2009, 01:13:44 PM
I'm not saying it's their best at all. I only brought it up because it's based on The Stranger and that was what we were talking about and if I didn't know that I would want somebody to tell me.
Oh, I know. I was just stating my opinion. See, my freshman English teacher played the song for the class when we were reading The Stranger. It made me kinda sad because a lot of people were getting a misleading first impression of the Cure.

Skylark

Quote from: Houdini on July 29, 2009, 10:54:59 PM
Oh, I know. I was just stating my opinion. See, my freshman English teacher played the song for the class when we were reading The Stranger. It made me kinda sad because a lot of people were getting a misleading first impression of the Cure.

I see what you mean. I've been trying to type something out but it really isn't working. The Cure is very different from itself.

Right now I am reading Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and sometimes it makes me really sad.
the book of right on

Chōshū

I'm reading Origin of Species and The American Lion (an Andrew Jackson biography).

Everyone says that Origin of Species is an outdated book but I found it in a box in my house so I figured I'd read it!

Go Up