April 23, 2024, 11:20:55 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Books - check them out

Started by reeper, June 26, 2008, 02:16:40 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Skylark

I finished We the Living and began The Doors of Perception by Aldous Huxley last night.
the book of right on

Houdini

Quote from: Corporal Clegg on June 04, 2009, 11:19:12 AM
Ernest hemingway would always be there for me
But Ernest hemingway is dead now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X2J456j2PY

I just read A moveable feast, published after he died, I think.
Was good. You should read it.
I have A Moveable Feast packed away in a box somewhere. I'll get around to it eventually.

CruelPleasure

No More Prisons-William Upski Wimsatt
This a Hip-Hop book about urban culture, Hip-Hop leadership, Home Schooling and of course Prisons. It's a really incredible book and it's one of those books that everyone should read. It's extremely unknown. It's hard to explain why it's so good, just read it and you'll like it.

Tweak: Growing Up on Methamphetamines by Nick Sheff
Sheff relates his personal struggle with drugs and alcohol in this poignant and often disturbing memoir. Paul Michael Garcia is the perfect choice for narrator; his stern and entirely believable voice captures the desolation in Sheff's tale. His reading is wonderfully underplayed, and necessarily so. Garcia becomes Sheff, offering a gritty and raw performance that demonstrates just how dire the circumstances surrounding Sheff's existence really were.

Commander Fuckass

Reading the zombie survival guide cause i felt like picking it up before i left for the beach. I got back from the beach today an to my dissmay i have no cable, so i have time to actually read it.
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

reeper

June 23, 2009, 08:58:11 PM #349 Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 09:06:27 PM by reefer
Satan Burger by Carlton Mellick III - What the shit. Some cool insights but overall it's like he got in front of his computer and wrote and wrote without ever going back or plotting his story. Mostly it's off the wall and not as violent or sex-filled as I've heard it is. Sadly all of his books have some of the best book art and best titles out there. Who couldn't love the title: Baby Jesus Butt Plug. Disappointing.

Commander Fuckass

Reading the 6th harry potter book
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Skylark

I finished my summer reading of the Trilogy
read The Trial by Franz Kafka and am now trying to read Der Kleine Prinz or the German translation of The Little Prince
the book of right on

l a c e y

I just read some book called Willow.
It's about a girl who was driving one night and she got in a car accident and her parents died and she thinks it's her fault. Then she lives with her brother and she think's that he hates her. She cuts her wrists and then she falls in love blah blah.

It was a great book I think.

Samus Aran

Reading Chuck Palahniuk's Choke and loving it.

"Ecstasy" isn't the right word, but it's the first one that comes to mind.

See also: pleasure
See also: damn good book

Sam

i think I'm going to reread all of LotR and the Hobbit soon.
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Skylark

the book of right on

Hiro

Quote from: Sam on July 16, 2009, 10:46:46 PM
i think I'm going to reread all of LotR and the Hobbit soon.
sounds like quite a venture  O_0
I really disliked the LotR books, but I did like the Hobbit a lot.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

reading Chuck Palhniuk's Pygmy

It's about an asian agent from a anti-democratic goverment infiltrating the US as a foreign exchange student.

So far it's an ok book. The writing style of it is in broken english, since it's in the pov of the asian. It's a good read, but the writing style is hard to get used to.

Hiro

I guess I'm reading Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse

I wanted to get The Stranger but they didn't have it

Skylark

the idea of you reading those books makes me angry for a second
the book of right on

Go Up