April 20, 2024, 04:32:13 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Books - check them out

Started by reeper, June 26, 2008, 02:16:40 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hiro

Quote from: Skylark on February 06, 2009, 06:40:32 PM
it is too bad :(

Kayla was in it and Kayla was so brilliant, everybody laughed so much when she got on stage. She's so amazing.
I wanted to see Zack Paulsen  bassir;

Skylark

He did a really fantastic job but I am telling you, Kayla was the star. She was brilliant.
the book of right on

Hiro

Quote from: Skylark on February 06, 2009, 08:18:36 PM
He did a really fantastic job but I am telling you, Kayla was the star. She was brilliant.
I don't know who that is, who did she play?

Skylark

She played the landlady of Zach Paulsen's character (when he's at the peak of his intelligence) and she was so funny. Oh... Well, if you ever see Franny and I at lunch she's the tall, mulatto girl with us. Funniest person I have ever met.
the book of right on

Hiro

Quote from: Skylark on February 06, 2009, 09:10:15 PM
She played the landlady of Zach Paulsen's character (when he's at the peak of his intelligence) and she was so funny. Oh... Well, if you ever see Franny and I at lunch she's the tall, mulatto girl with us. Funniest person I have ever met.
oh, ok.
Wait, I might know who you're talking about.
That's cool then.

Quote from: Skylark on February 06, 2009, 09:10:15 PM
mulatto girl
I lol'd

reeper

120 Days of Sodom. Good so far, only 10 pages into it. Amazing that this book was almost completely destroyed because of the material within. Sade, the writer, rotted in jail because of the book.

Skylark

Tomorrow my friend Chloe is [hopefully] bringing me her copy of Be Here Now
the book of right on

thezerofire

about to start reading Invisible Man for school (not The Invisible Man, apparently there's a difference)

I've heard it's pretty good.

Hiro

LCK

Quote from: steal on February 23, 2009, 02:36:14 PM
just finished reading fear and loathing in las vegas. fucking amazing book.
After seeing the moving, I can imagine how awesome the book is.

Hiro

Quote from: steal on February 23, 2009, 02:50:14 PM
my forensics teacher gave me her copy a few days ago, it's really great. can't wait to see the movie.
I haven't started it yet.

My english teacher said I could read it as one of the books I have to read.  hocuspocus;
The problem is, it has to be written by an american author, which it's not. (But he didn't know that)  >.<

Skylark

wait... does that mean all of your RC points have to be from a book by an american author?
the book of right on

Hiro

Quote from: Skylark on February 24, 2009, 04:10:29 PM
wait... does that mean all of your RC points have to be from a book by an american author?
Yeah, this year is american literature....

Skylark

I understand that... I just don't know why they would do that - you're learning about American literature in school, why also be forced to read it outside of the classroom. Parker lets us read whatever we want.
the book of right on

Hiro

Quote from: Skylark on February 24, 2009, 04:27:52 PM
I understand that... I just don't know why they would do that - you're learning about American literature in school, why also be forced to read it outside of the classroom. Parker lets us read whatever we want.
Because we can read whatever we want on our own time, but our work has to fit the theme.
At least that's my understanding, I dunno.
But it's cool with me because we only have to read 2 books by the end of the year.  hocuspocus;

Go Up