March 28, 2024, 06:17:50 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Books - check them out

Started by reeper, June 26, 2008, 02:16:40 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

6M69I69B9

Oh God, I'd definately read "I Hope They have Beer in Hell".

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

reeper

Quote from: Kingmush on July 22, 2008, 04:24:37 AM
Those are just what I've currently read this summer. And actually Reefer, aside from  Dean Koontz, those are the first books I've read by the other authors. But I say you give Dean Koontz another chance, It seems his older books are much better than his newer ones, so try maybe Dark of the Woods or MR. MURDER, I found both of those to be better than the rest.

And do you suggest any other authors I should check out?
What kind of books do you like?

I actually just started reading about 3 months ago so I've only read about 10 books, recently at least.

Quote from: Original_MIB on July 22, 2008, 12:30:33 PM
Oh God, I'd definately read "I Hope They have Beer in Hell".
If you're into that kind of humor it really is an awesome book. Tucker Max is the single biggest asshole ever and the best part is all of the stories are completely true.

If you don't feel like spending $10, you can read most of the stories that are in the book on his website.

Kingmush

Quote from: reefer on July 22, 2008, 03:51:42 PM

Good question. As you can see I like mysteries or action adventures, but anything sci-fi,  o rfantasy also.

Authors I've read and liked, excluding the ones I've already mentioned are: Orson Scott Card, Terry Brooks and some others of the same material.

reeper

I haven't quite discovered what I like but I do love Chuck Palahniuk's books because of the very weird and strange characters he creates.

I'm almost done with Invisible Monster , the main character is a model who was shot in the face while driving down a road. She is missing her bottom jaw and cannot talk anymore.

The story skips around a lot, it's pretty cool how it works.

6M69I69B9

Quote from: reefer on July 22, 2008, 03:51:42 PM

I actually just started reading about 3 months ago so I've only read about 10 books, recently at least.
If you're into that kind of humor it really is an awesome book. Tucker Max is the single biggest asshole ever and the best part is all of the stories are completely true.

If you don't feel like spending $10, you can read most of the stories that are in the book on his website.
Link, please. If you're willing to.

Or, just copypasta/post the stories and ect.

I don't know why, but he sounds like he could be Title's father...

Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

reeper

July 22, 2008, 09:08:36 PM #65 Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 09:11:53 PM by reefer
Quote from: Original_MIB on July 22, 2008, 06:53:25 PM
Link, please. If you're willing to.

Or, just copypasta/post the stories and ect.

I don't know why, but he sounds like he could be Title's father...
http://tuckermax.com/

http://www.tuckermax.com/archives/entries/date/tucker_tries_buttsex_hilarity_does_not_ensue.phtml#278

Thats my favorite story, and if you don't enjoy it, you won't enjoy his other stories so yeah.

Quote from: Vostroya on July 22, 2008, 06:30:13 PM
If you want to read the most confusing "cool how it works" book ever, try House of Leaves by Mark Danielewski. FUCKING WORST LAST NAME EVER
Okay but my list of books to read is HUGE.

I looked it up and sounds really cool. It sounds almost magical.

reeper

July 22, 2008, 10:21:21 PM #66 Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 10:35:12 PM by reefer
Invisible Monsters was good, so far Choke is still my favorite, and the first one I read. Survivor was the 2nd best, and Snuff was without a doubt the worst.

I don't really "love" his novels, but I find that they're much more safe then getting any old book off a shelf. I can't stand to read something boring and his novels aren't exactly boring.

The characters he has in his books are really defined, and very very interestingly different (except Snuff, mainly because the three main characters are all numbered.)

Choke > Survivor > Invisible Monsters > Snuff

I'm going to read The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster next.

6M69I69B9

Quote from: reefer on July 22, 2008, 09:08:36 PM
http://tuckermax.com/

http://www.tuckermax.com/archives/entries/date/tucker_tries_buttsex_hilarity_does_not_ensue.phtml#278

Thats my favorite story, and if you don't enjoy it, you won't enjoy his other stories so yeah.
Okay but my list of books to read is HUGE.

I looked it up and sounds really cool. It sounds almost magical.
I laughed, but that's your favorite? This one made me laugh, but I'm not sure if the other stories will make me laugh.

reeper

Quote from: Original_MIB on July 23, 2008, 04:38:27 AM
I laughed, but that's your favorite? This one made me laugh, but I'm not sure if the other stories will make me laugh.
the others will if you liked that one, read the ones on his site.

reeper

Ulver's Hallways of Always is based on House of Leaves.

Very awesome, I must check this book out.

6M69I69B9

Quote from: reefer on July 23, 2008, 09:44:11 PM
the others will if you liked that one, read the ones on his site.
I laughed but not ad much as I laugh at the stupidity of people from school.

Also, I found out that this story maybe faked, hah.

reeper

Just finished Cat's Cradle and Rantbefuddlement

Starting Fight Club or American Psycho. Four or so more books until I've read all that Chuck Palahniuk has written.

Kalahari Inkantation

I have to read My Sister's Keeper for my Summer assignment.
I hear it's pretty good and from what I've seen it looks pretty good, but I just want to make sure because I have other options. befuddlement

reeper

Quote from: Vostroya on August 07, 2008, 10:27:03 PM
I just watched American Psycho again and remembered how awesome it is. It's a pity Christian Bale doesn't do more movies like that.
Equilibrium kicks massive ass. As well as both Batman movies he is in.

I haven't seen many of the other movies he is in, besides Howl's Moving Castle, which is pretty cook for an anime.

Skylark

Just finished The Fountainhead again by Ayn Rand and I think it's the most fantastic book I have ever read.
the book of right on

Go Up