April 23, 2024, 04:48:00 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Corruption in the United States.

Started by Lozal, June 20, 2008, 10:47:23 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Lozal

America is a nation of corruption that is spiraling rapidly downhill. In a few years, the United States will be so corrupted and so fucked up that the results will be irreversible. With the value of the dollar rapidly declining and the country becoming even more corrupted due to the media and the "democracy" which in reality isn't really a democracy, the States will be nothing more than a memory of the past in a few years. I feel as if everyone needs to get out now, or else when the time comes when everyone WILL need to get out, everyone will be so poor due to the decline of the dollar that no one will be able to get out. No one will be able to buy a plane ticket, nor will any country allow all of these Americans in because so many will be trying to escape that not all of us will fit in. The airports will be overcrowded, and people won't even have enough money to buy food to survive in the meantime. People will starve to death, and the nation will be in so much poverty you couldn't get any money in another country due to the high exchange rate. These are just some of the reasons why I along with several other people I know say to get out.

Now, you may ask, "What do you mean, 'democracy'? I see nothing wrong with it." Well, first of all, by what I'm going to say next, I'm not endorsing any political candidate. Superdelegates. They are an example of corruption in this country. Hillary had the popular vote [according to my mom] but apparently since Obama had more superdelegates he got the Democratic nomination. I'm not saying that I would want Clinton as President [I don't], but still, if we were truly a democracy, the person with a higher popular vote should get the nomination. With presidential elections, it seems as if the higher-ups are the ones that decide who goes into office, such as the 2000 election. As I heard, apparently Gore had more votes, yet Bush was stuck in office. I don't know too much about the election in its entirety, so yeah.

So really, this thread's purpose is for you to discuss the corruption present in our country today.
powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone;

Quote from: Pyrate on November 20, 2009, 05:11:08 AM

"You have an amazing body. You have amazing breasts."

Socks

Corruption is why this country rules the world.

Hiro

Most countries are corrupt and always have been, but now we have more power.

Feynman

So you're saying that the US is corrupted for not being a direct democracy? Elections aren't and shouldn't be popularity contests, and this country was never advertised as a direct democracy.

Socks

Nyerp

hotlikesauce.

Quote from: Bassir on June 21, 2008, 12:01:28 AM
So you're saying that the US is corrupted for not being a direct democracy? Elections aren't and shouldn't be popularity contests, and this country was never advertised as a direct democracy.

I'm saying it's corrupt because we're becoming communists.

superclucky

Quote from: Silent Rob on June 21, 2008, 10:21:35 AM
I'm saying it's corrupt because we're becoming communists.
Shut up.
Also it's a republic-democracy. :'(
kewns are smelly

Lozal

Quote from: Bassir on June 21, 2008, 12:01:28 AM
No, they shouldn't be, but if more people voted [the people of the United States, not the superdelegates] for Clinton, then shouldn't she have gotten the nomination?

One person's vote shouldn't count more than another person's vote, the election should reflect the vote of the citizens, not the higher-ups.

Once again, I'm not saying that I want Clinton as the nominee.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Laurami on June 21, 2008, 06:19:59 PM
No, they shouldn't be, but if more people voted [the people of the United States, not the superdelegates] for Clinton, then shouldn't she have gotten the nomination?
i actually believe when she said that she was just spewing baloney

i can't recall for sure and i don't feel like finding a source, but i do recall some article stating obama won everything and there were statistics to prove it

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Houdini

Our whole culture is pretty much based on manipulating people. As a result, our election system is a fucking joke, but no one's going to do anything about it because they're either afraid to lose their positions or are among those who benefit from a corrupt system.

just1more

I'm really thinking of moving to Canada or Sweden or some other country if the US doesn't get better. I can't stand the corruption anymore.

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: Kiss Kiss on June 23, 2008, 10:22:23 AM
I'm really thinking of moving to Canada or Sweden or some other country if the US doesn't get better. I can't stand the corruption anymore.

oh Shut up, this has been going on since the beginning of time. Hell the country was created due to corruption. The entire world is based on the corrupted. You can't stop it. There is probably corruption in canada (which already sucks) anyway.

Nyerp

Weren't superdelegates made because one time in the primaries there was a tie between the Democratic candidates and there was nothing to break the tie, so there ended up being no Democratic candidate in the actual election?

Lozal

Quote from: Yoseph on June 23, 2008, 10:22:23 AM
My family's been thinking about getting out of here in a few years and moving somewhere else in the world, yet I doubt it will actually happen.

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on June 23, 2008, 10:58:05 AM
oh Shut up, this has been going on since the beginning of time. Hell the country was created due to corruption. The entire world is based on the corrupted. You can't stop it. There is probably corruption in canada (which already sucks) anyway.
Yes, every country has some bit of corruption, yet Finland has the lowest level in the world according to a magazine article I read.

Quote from: Pyner on June 23, 2008, 11:01:15 AM
Weren't superdelegates made because one time in the primaries there was a tie between the Democratic candidates and there was nothing to break the tie, so there ended up being no Democratic candidate in the actual election?
I'm not sure about that, but still, I feel that one person's vote shouldn't count more than another person's.

Go Up