April 18, 2024, 04:31:49 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Village of the Boyagers

Started by Ringo, June 16, 2008, 11:32:22 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Sam

1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Ringo

June 21, 2008, 12:42:02 AM #46 Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 12:45:33 AM by Ringo
Tall foreboding oak comprised the castles gates, Clair felt something familiar to this place. It was like returning home and finding yourself alone after a long vacation away. Up close she could see the castle had been ingeniously engineered by several parties over several years. It appeared there had been several additions made over the years before it's inexplicable vacancy, leaving her wondering why none had bothered seizing it since then. Grasping firmly on the steel knocker, Socks pulled back and tapped against the aged wood consecutively until the echoes of the first slowly died away. Seized with life the doors lurched forward before slowly creeping back, revealing the dim stony interior that lay inside. Before them lay a magnificent grand staircase opening up into an equally sized foyer. Clair's eyes darted back and forth into the darkness, taking in every detail of the empty entryway. Her eyes adjusting to the dark Clair became aware of someone, or something standing atop the staircase.
"Come in. I've been expecting you." His speech was slow and deliberate, with a touch of repulsiveness that could be felt from across the room as he spoke.
"Please, enter. You must be..." pausing to find the right descriptory word he finished "exhausted". His frame seemed skeletal, two green dots shone like cat's eyes from the sunken sockets. The pasty white pallor added a deathly contrast to the black formal wear that adorned him.
Breaking the silence Clair stepped forward
"My friends and I are looking for somewhere to stay the night, we were hoping you'd be willing to let us lodge".
His face turned to a twisted smile as he bowed courteously
"I've had my servants prepare your chambers for your arrival. I trust you will find everything most satisfying. Please, stay as long as you'd like."
"If you'll excuse my prying, where are they now?"
"Who?"
"Your servants, you said they'd been responsible for preparing our rooms. I wanted to properly thank them for their hospitality." Clair lied. She knew next to nothing about this... thing and somehow he'd been able to furnish their rooms even before their arrival.
"They're... about" he smiled  "Though I doubt they'd be in any mood to entertain guests, especially at this hour. But you are free to-"
"Would you just show us our rooms?" Socks interrupted causing their host to contort his mouth into an irritated scowl.
"Very well then, I suppose I shall have to dine alone." His eyes twinkled mischievously as their gazes fell square upon him.
"Dine?" Steal half croaked in disbelief
"Oh, yes. I had just been preparing to sup. My chef's have the course layed out in the banquet hall. If you would like to dine with me I suppose I could manage the company."
"We simply couldn't impose" Clair placated, Steal's focus turned on her with a furious glare.
"Who died and made you leader?" he snarled. He hadn't had a decent meal for longer than he could remember. He certainly wasn't going to miss one now.
"I shan't have my guests quarreling now. I insist, it will be of no trouble at all". 
Resignedly, Clair followed their new host further into the labyrinth. He seemed to disregard his new guests as he darted forward through the massive torch lit halls. She remembered this place, it was a memory from somewhere that she couldn't yet grasp. Sam's held a terrified death grip to her satchel as Hiro marvelled at the brilliantly intricate tapestries that adorned the walls.
"Excuse me." he called through the dimly lit hall "Did you make these?"
The host gave a pause and gazed upwards towards the cloth
"No, no. Those who came before me did." With that he turned and continued onward through the gloom.
Hiro studied the piece while the others moved on. It had been written as a story, a sort of visual chronicle. This one depicted a group of people working out in the field. He turned his attention to the next image grouping depicting the setting sun and rising moon. The next panel depicted some sort of calamity, something that came suddenly. And the last, a sort of black figure standing amongst their bones. Hiro felt a shiver run down his spine as he hurried forward, hoping to leave the sensation behind him. It had most probably been some sort of natural disaster. Yes, that was it. An earthquake or a plague some nomads had given mythical status to explain away their irrational and superstitious fears. It had to be.

Hiro

I'm your number one fan Ringo. I quite like your depiction of me, and it is somewhat true.

Hiro

But what happened to the RUN from last chapter, and where was Steal? There, just didn't talk?

Hiro

What happened to the RUN from last chapter? and did steal just not talk. But once again, superb. bassir;

Hiro

Oh wait steal did talk. I was thinking that was socks for some reason befuddlement

Ringo

Quote from: I am Hiro on June 21, 2008, 12:54:39 AM
But what happened to the RUN from last chapter, and where was Steal? There, just didn't talk?
The RUN was a warning to Sam. Think of it like a sort of sixth sense, the same reason she could see the trees while the others couldn't. 

Hiro

Ringo

Quote from: I am Hiro on June 21, 2008, 01:04:20 AM
Warning to what?
A warning to the the heck out of dodge.
A "Run away while you still have the chance! " sort of thing.

Hiro

Oh i get it now. The castle is creepy, i imagine the old guy as the critic from ratatooie lol. I wonder what he has to do with the main story... And those tapestries... You gonna do another tonight?

Hiro

I know a good theme song for this maybe. And next chapter should be in Boyah or NSider 2

Socks

Quote from: Ringo on June 21, 2008, 12:42:02 AM
"Would you just show us our rooms?" Socks interrupted causing their host to contort his mouth into an irritated scowl.

Classic.

FAMY2

Sam

Quote from: I am Hiro on June 21, 2008, 01:10:05 AM
Oh i get it now. The castle is creepy, i imagine the old guy as the critic from ratatooie lol. I wonder what he has to do with the main story... And those tapestries... You gonna do another tonight?

I imagine the old guy as Snape. >.>
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

ncba93ivyase

ringo is the best storyteller ever

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Go Up