April 27, 2024, 10:33:45 PM

1,531,646 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Village of the Boyagers

Started by Ringo, June 16, 2008, 11:32:22 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Travis

YPrrrr

We've really lost a bunch of the core characters huh

JohnnyRingo2

As far as active members, oh yeah. I thought about shifting focus but once we get past this bump of timing between the IF raid and castle fortification it'll be the last chapters.

ME##

sam is dead.  kill her off this island

Hiro

oh my god that last part lmao
so here's how this should end at this point
most of the people in the caravan die, the Nintendo Gods decide Sam's too good for this shit so she ascends to the heavens, a few Outsiders join our side, a plague sweeps Outsider nearly killing it, while Boyah continues its dreary fate but manages to hold on by a thread

also i'm still flattered that i'm a main character in a fanfiction

JohnnyRingo2

For all two of you who want to see the end, here's how it would have played out.

Hiro escapes the camp and begins to organize rival forums to take out the signature factory. Banding the forums together, he parses out the route N2's auxiliary's are taking are meant to reinforce the assault on Outsider. Metaknight is becoming increasingly unable to distance himself from the acts of genocide he is perpetrating and compensates through impulsive acts of violence. Utilizing guerilla tactics, Hiro draws the security forces from the factory, and leads an assassination mission on Metaknight. Metaknight easily outmatches the one-handed Hiro, playing with him before skewering him through the kidney with the katana. Seeing the blade is lodged in him, Hiro cuts Meta's throat in death. Hiro's dying words go from a weak taunt to consolation. "I got you, fucker. I got you." Stripped of nations and creeds, Meta grips his former adversary's hand in mutual death and begins to weep. Hiro whispers again "It's okay. I got you."

Ringo has been acting as a double-agent, leading Nsider 2 to believe he's disabling the defenses of Outsider, and giving Carello coordinates to flank them instead. He provides an ancient musical tome which would revive long dead forum members as wraiths to fight in the battle. After Sam's death, he is overcome with guilt and flees until he arrives with the Outsiders in the last battle. During the final assault, he separates EJ from his group and attempts to kill him in a duel. EJ ripostes and drives his own sword through Ringo's heart. Steal stoops down to listen to his last words which are garbled nonsense "We have tonight"

Steal is still alive. That line "Hears the crunching of bones and nothing more" means he fell into a pit of carcasses and was knocked out. He tracks Ringo down on route to Outsider and ambushes him, almost killing him. Sam sees the conflict in a premonition and intercedes only to be mortally wounded in the crossfire. With her dying breath, she speaks a premonition and dies. Steal goes on to join the party and assists in the defense of Boyah during the final assault, stabbing EJ in the final duel. As EJ clutches the sword in his chest, ethereal lightning strikes the blade thrice, burning his eyes from their sockets and charring his lungs, leaving him drowning in his own blood.

Houdini and several of the Outsiders put together a band and utilize the ancient tome to raise the wraith army. As the battle progresses, the song increases in intensity. Lightning crashes and rain slicks the mud in torrents. Several of the band members are injured during the fight but play through. Phydaux is injured and one of his band is killed during play. He scoops up the instrument and begins the Death's Crescendo, playing two of the parts at once. All of the band is transformed into undead husks, animated by fell magic as they play an accompaniment to the mass killing. At the conclusion, their souls dissipate into the air.

Socks leads in the defense of Boyah as the position is overrun. He fights through two crossbow bolts to the sternum, beating his opponents to death with his bare hands. As he's overrun, he spits blood into his assailants faces before being cut apart by a flurry of hatchet blows. As he's dying, Hiro's forces arrive as reinforcements, flanking Nsider. With EJ dead, the Nsider 2 forces attempt to flee. Few escape, with the majority being forced into pockets of resistance. The N2's attempt to surrender. They are unsuccessful.

Claire become disgusted with the sheer brutality of the conflict, the use of unholy magic, and snaps after seeing Nsider 2's forces butchered wholesale. Decrying both sides as interchangeable in their evil, she leaves on her own. Carello sees her and Steal off with supplies for their journeys. Steal, now the only member left of the original expedition, returns to Boyah to report his success. Internal strife and starvation has rendered the forum desolate of life. Desiccated corpses hang from the battlements, and the howl of the wind is the only sound that occupies this ghost town. Steal, numbed by violence, pain and grief sits down in the dust. He looks west, and then he looks east. The wind begins to pick up, and the story ends.

The prologue would have had the Computer use the defeat as Outsider to install a puppet governor. Computer would begin circulating misinformation as to the size of Outsider's forces to push Nsider 2 to become an authoritarian state under the constant threat of invasion. It would end with Computer musing as to the best means with which to begin the first wave of dissident purges in his own forum before deciding to compile a list titled "Agents of Outsider"

Samus Aran

Most of those people arent even here anymore lmao

JohnnyRingo2

Quote from: Samus Aran on October 15, 2020, 07:22:50 PMMost of those people arent even here anymore lmao
Oh my God. If you die in the story, you die in real life. What have I done?

FAMY2

Quote from: JohnnyRingo2 on October 15, 2020, 07:32:13 PM
Quote from: Samus Aran on October 15, 2020, 07:22:50 PMMost of those people arent even here anymore lmao
y God. If you die in the story, you die in real life. What have I done?

No worries. Most of us are not dead just lurking or mia.  :3

YPrrrr

I hadalways hoped I would show up in a cameo

RIP the dream

Hiro

well shit that's dark lol, "everyone dies" is pretty fitting though
I never expected to see an ending to this. Seeing it now, so long since the last update, is really strange but cool. This was one of my favorite pieces of Boyah history. It's really funny too seeing that so few of the characters in the story have even been seen here in a long time.

Samus Aran

you know, i ctrl+f'd each page to make sure, and it's totally bogus that i'm not in this story at all

silvertone

Quote from: Samus Aran on October 22, 2020, 01:40:25 AMyou know, i ctrl+f'd each page to make sure, and it's totally bogus that i'm not in this story at all
yre a npc LOL

C.Mongler

lol im not in it either hell yea

Go Up