June 30, 2024, 08:02:35 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

fun fact thread

Started by The artist formally known, June 06, 2008, 01:27:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Skylark

No, I'd rather not use quotes. If they were necessary I would but seeing as the only people that have posted in this thread recently are you, Hiro and myself I don't feel the need to.

Okay? So since they're popular amongst an "indie" crowd that makes them overrated? I don't really follow you. I don't think they're overrated at all. I think they're appreciated as they should be because they made really beautiful music. Most people prefer In the Aeroplane Over the Sea to On Avery Island (there only two full-length studio albums, if you didn't know) which is why people would have the same avatar, they like the album more.

I can't stand backwards music snobs.
the book of right on

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: skylark-e on June 16, 2008, 12:05:57 AM
No, I'd rather not use quotes. If they were necessary I would but seeing as the only people that have posted in this thread recently are you, Hiro and myself I don't feel the need to.

Okay? So since they're popular amongst an "indie" crowd that makes them overrated? I don't really follow you. I don't think they're overrated at all. I think they're appreciated as they should be because they made really beautiful music. Most people prefer In the Aeroplane Over the Sea to On Avery Island (there only two full-length studio albums, if you didn't know) which is why people would have the same avatar, they like the album more.

I can't stand backwards music snobs.
Earthbound is the best goddamn game ever but it's still overrated. I love it as well as a legion of other greasy nerds, and honestly, I'm not sure if it deserves all the praise it gets because it really did do much innovative aside form refine turn based RPGs while simplifying many elements.

and nmh's lyrics are chock full o' poppycock

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Hiro

Learn to accept Lawlz and use there They're and their correctly.

Skylark

Hey Grant! YOU'RE A TOOL.

Sorry I made a grammar error, oops. whatever. You're still a tool. More a child really.

I don't like airplanes and am not looking forward to the trip tomorrow.. but I can't wait to land.

Also, Lawlz, I don't see how what you said makes sense.
the book of right on

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: skylark-e on June 16, 2008, 12:13:53 AM
Hey Grant! YOU'RE A TOOL.

Sorry I made a grammar error, oops. whatever. You're still a tool. More a child really.

I don't like airplanes and am not looking forward to the trip tomorrow.. but I can't wait to land.

Also, Lawlz, I don't see how what you said makes sense.
guess what[spoiler]chicken butt[/spoiler]

Neutral Milk Hotel is nothing special and only 13 year old magets think it's godly and "deep."

and lrn2gaem woman

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Hiro

Hey Carly! shut up! And what Lawlz said mostly made sense. I love airplanes. giggle;

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: skylark-e on June 16, 2008, 12:13:53 AM
Sorry I made a grammar error, oops. whatever.
Also, I just had to go back on this.

It's "grammatical error," you chickenshit. badass.

Hiro

Skylark

I'd love for you to say that to me in real life, Grant. I don't think I've ever met anybody lamer than you. "let's go respectfully" but you can make small jobs at me whenever you please. Do you honestly think I will take that? because I won't. You take stuff like that because you aren't able to stand up for yourself. Baby.

Backwards music snob. But really, I don't mind if you don't like them. Obviously I do, why bring attention to it? I think they make beautiful music and I think they've helped the music scene (the music scene that holds the sort of bands I listen to) out. They actually really have and through making beautiful things they inspired a lot of other bands to make great music.

That's what I think though

---
oops sorry, again. Poking fun at people for errors like that is ridiculous, I'm obviously not illiterate. Just tired and sorry I don't mind what I say so much on a forum like this.
the book of right on

Hiro

nate6138

Quote from: steal on June 16, 2008, 12:17:51 AM
It's okay, lawlz doesn't know jack shit about music.

Shouldn't really matter, people usually just listen to whatever they want to listen to.

Hiro

Seriously, everyone can have their own tastes in music, It's not a problem.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: steal on June 16, 2008, 12:17:51 AM
It's okay, lawlz doesn't know jack shit about music.
Music is an inferior form of media, with games being the greatest. :'(

But still, NMH is nothing special. They're decent if you're looking for something that'll help you get to sleep, but otherwise, I don't want it.
Quote from: skylark-e on June 16, 2008, 12:19:03 AMbut you can make small jobs at me whenever you please.
only job you've got is sucken deez nuts epic
Backwards music snob. But really, I don't mind if you don't like them. Obviously I do, why bring attention to it? I think they make beautiful music and I think they've helped the music scene (the music scene that holds the sort of bands I listen to) out. They actually really have and through making beautiful things they inspired a lot of other bands to make great music.

and what the fuck is a backwards music snob

They're not awful, but I'm just sick of seeing some 13 year old use that same damn icon  on every single goddamn forum and blog and think they're some hot and fresh shit. I have like 5 songs in my iTunes list and they're not godawful, but they don't deserve any praise. It's like Super Mario Bros; every young teen hails it as the best game ever, yet not a damn one of them has ever played an NES. There are many better games for the system, but they just go with what's the most popular and think they're unique and making a statement.

if you want some good music, play thunder force iii you little porker

superclucky

thunder force iii sucks
kewns are smelly

Skylark

I'm not thirteen, I'm sixteen and I'm not a porker. Don't be so rude? It's unnecessary unless you know me and I give you a reason to be.

the book of right on

Go Up