April 24, 2024, 09:10:56 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Racism

Started by JSLink, May 06, 2008, 11:10:26 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Ezloﺕ

Quote from: B.A.M. on May 26, 2008, 04:00:56 PM
Blacks are still racially discriminated despite what many would like to believe.

Personally, I don't think the word "Nigger" should be used by anyone. It's degrading to whomever it is said to (More so to Blacks though).
Every race is discriminated. And by your logic, I think you would agree that any racial slur shouldn't be used ever.
:)

B.A.M.

Quote from: Ezlo on May 26, 2008, 04:05:22 PM
Every race is discriminated. And by your logic, I think you would agree that any racial slur shouldn't be used ever.
That's not a good thing?

I'm not saying it should be censored. I'm saying it shouldn't be gloried and socially accepted as it is in mainstream gangster "rap".
So I was in Latin Class when we were talking about World War II. This guy in the back yelled out, "Germany bombed Pearl Harbor!"

The kid next to me stood up and yelled back to him, "No you, dumbass! Fucking Mexico did!"

I didn't even know Mexico had an air force!

My friend speculates that it's Trucks driving off cliffs but who really knows?

Walter

Quote from: Ezlo on May 26, 2008, 04:05:22 PM

Blacks are more discriminated then any other race in the U.S. baddood;

Verocious

Quote from: Cat's Squirrel on May 12, 2008, 05:37:02 PM
Holy crap, just shut up already.

It may be hard for you to understand this, but they're "let off easy" because they have been oppressed for a couple hundred years by the hands of, you guessed it, white richies who are more than well off like you, because they're constantly reminded that most other races think of them as being sub-par by people like you, because they feel their integration into society has not yet been achieved yet because people like you who make the key notion that they are black and we are white, because most of their culture lies in the place that people like you have put them, because... well, because of people like you.

can i get an amen

No you may not.

Why aren't the Jews let off easy? Or the Native Americans? Hell there barely any of them left. You say that their integration into society has not been achieved because of people like "you". What kind of people are those? Because I can't help but notice how much black people often discriminate themselves.

B.A.M.

lolwut

Could you clarify on the Jew part?
So I was in Latin Class when we were talking about World War II. This guy in the back yelled out, "Germany bombed Pearl Harbor!"

The kid next to me stood up and yelled back to him, "No you, dumbass! Fucking Mexico did!"

Verocious

Quote from: B.A.M. on May 27, 2008, 03:04:10 AM
lolwut

Could you clarify on the Jew part?
They don't get let off easy.

B.A.M.

Quote from: Verocious on May 27, 2008, 12:05:43 PM
They don't get let off easy.
Keep in mind that when they were slaves it was in Ancient Egypt well over 2000 years ago. The holocaust was also in Europe and the Nazi's today are generally hated and despised. While the Jews might have unwarranted hated directed at them because of Israel I don't see Jews getting oppressed much, if at all in the States.

YPrrrr

Quote from: B.A.M. on May 27, 2008, 12:49:02 PM
Keep in mind that when they were slaves it was in Ancient Egypt well over 2000 years ago. The holocaust was also in Europe and the Nazi's today are generally hated and despised. While the Jews might have unwarranted hated directed at them because of Israel I don't see Jews getting oppressed much, if at all in the States.
The KKK

B.A.M.

Walter

Quote from: B.A.M. on May 29, 2008, 03:11:09 AM
I hope you aren't being serious.

Of course he is. The KKK runs rampant throughout the U.S. Just the other day I saw a huge gathering; they burned a cross and everything.  baddood;

YPrrrr

Quote from: B.A.M. on May 29, 2008, 03:11:09 AM
I hope you aren't being serious.
The KKK doesn't like jews much.

Also, before World War II, the US refused to take more than a certain number of Jews into the country

B.A.M.

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on May 29, 2008, 11:11:02 AM
The KKK doesn't like jews much.

Also, before World War II, the US refused to take more than a certain number of Jews into the country
While they are wrong for doing that I believe the Blacks had it much harder as recent as the 60's-70's.

anus

I think racism is kept alive, ironically, by those who try as hard as they can not to be racist.

For example, take Super Bowl IV (40). It was the Chicago Bears vs. the Indianapolis Colts (I could be wrong about the super bowl number). They kept repeatedly saying that it was the first time two black coaches coached in the Super Bowl. I would never have noticed this.

If everyone wants equality, why do we keep noting on when a person of certain color/religion accomplishes something? If they really were trying to bring equality, they wouldn't make notes like this.

It's not a bad racism, it's just seems like attempts to try and make them equal.

dicks

B.A.M.

Quote from: the jockyman on May 29, 2008, 02:13:42 PM
I think racism is kept alive, ironically, by those who try as hard as they can not to be racist.

For example, take Super Bowl IV (40). It was the Chicago Bears vs. the Indianapolis Colts (I could be wrong about the super bowl number). They kept repeatedly saying that it was the first time two black coaches coached in the Super Bowl. I would never have noticed this.

If everyone wants equality, why do we keep noting on when a person of certain color/religion accomplishes something? If they really were trying to bring equality, they wouldn't make notes like this.

It's not a bad racism, it's just seems like attempts to try and make them equal.

That announcement wasn't an attempt to not to be racist.

Either way, important accomplishments by a race still opressed is not something to ignore. It's important to face this issues head on.

sans culottes

Things like black history month are fucking retarded. They're honoring people for accomplishing things, because they're black. Basically, it's saying "Black people aren't as accomplished as white people so let's recognize whenever a black person accomplishes something". People still do that; if you're successful and you're black it's a big acheivement. But if you're a successful white, no matter what kind of troubles you've faced, people give less of a shit.
I support BUSH

Go Up