April 28, 2024, 02:35:17 AM

1,531,646 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The absolute best classic cartoons

Started by ncba93ivyase, May 04, 2008, 09:51:52 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

Popeye is probably my favorite. For some reason, I hate Looney Toons and just find most old cartoons utterly boring, but Popeye is most excellent. My mother hates it, though. :'(

Not so much "classic," but I've also always loved Johnny Bravo and Dexter's Laboratory.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

wawi

That was a good cartoon.

I miss Dexter's Laboratory a lot  :(

Samus Aran

Yeah, I find most really old cartoons boring too. Pink Panther especially bores me.

Houdini

Well, you at least have to appreciate the animation in the old cartoons. Compare Tom and Jerry to a 70's Hannah-Barbara cartoon like Scooby Doo, where no more than two things move simultaneously. Of course, nowadays people take animation for granted because you can make ultra-slick cartoons, brightly colored cartoons in Flash (see Powerpuff Girls).

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Andrew1911

YPrrrr

Daphnia

Quote from: Houdini on May 04, 2008, 10:47:21 AM
Well, you at least have to appreciate the animation in the old cartoons. Compare Tom and Jerry to a 70's Hannah-Barbara cartoon like Scooby Doo, where no more than two things move simultaneously. Of course, nowadays people take animation for granted because you can make ultra-slick cartoons, brightly colored cartoons in Flash (see Powerpuff Girls).

more like ultra-suck

Selkie

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Houdini on May 04, 2008, 10:47:21 AM
Popeye is even older yet it's still good.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

[hedy]Zidone

Tom and Jerry is awesome.

Never watched enough Popeye. :(

YPrrrr

Am I the only that is bored by Tom and Jerry?

Houdini

Quote from: Soup on May 04, 2008, 04:14:06 PM
more like ultra-suck
Yeah, pretty much. Cartoons these days really blow.

Pyrate

I didn't used to like older cartoons like Looney Tunes and Tom and Jerry because it bothered me that certain characters constantly got the shit beaten out of them. But nowadays I watch Looney Tunes every now and then, and some episodes are pretty god damn funny.

But I still hate Tom and Jerry. Fucking mouse. baddood;

Geno

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Go Up