September 28, 2024, 04:20:29 PM

1,531,324 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I hate the Wii nunchuk

Started by YPrrrr, May 02, 2008, 06:55:32 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

YPrrrr

Since the SSBB tournament at the post prom party I'm going to is most likely just going to have Wii controllers and nunchuks instead of GC controllers, I'm trying to get used to using the control scheme. Initially I was just being retarded, and kept falling off cliffs because I'd forget the B button is a trigger or that the jump button is the smallest button for some reason. Anyways, my main problem is that the nunchuk is just too small. I got a cramp in my hand from the awkward positioning I had to use to access both buttons and the analog.

Does anyone else think it's too small, or are my hands just too big? doodthing;

Wrench

Your hands are too big.

Bring your own controller?  doodthing;

YPrrrr

Quote from: Captain Wrench on May 02, 2008, 07:49:52 PM
Your hands are too big.

Bring your own controller?  doodthing;
1. I don't want to be carrying around a GC controller for 6 hours
2. That would look really nerdy
3. I don't want an unfair advantage that other competitors would bitch about

Anyways... do you think there's any possibility Nintendo will ever change the design of it? It's not very comfortable...

greg400

I found it fine. Just use the stick to jump. The one on the Nunchuck is more sensitive than the Gamecube so you can short hop easier with it.

I didn't find it very hard to use after a couple of games.

YPrrrr

Quote from: MarioSonic44 on May 03, 2008, 12:16:30 AM
I found it fine. Just use the stick to jump. The one on the Nunchuck is more sensitive than the Gamecube so you can short hop easier with it.

I didn't find it very hard to use after a couple of games.
I've never used the analog to jump on either game. I guess it might be easier than using the miniscule C button though

Matt™

I use Wiimote and Nunchuck, it is something you have to grow on... At first it was really annoying to use.

Go Up