April 23, 2024, 04:19:26 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Legalization of drugs and selling drugs.

Started by Full Metal Ryder, April 24, 2008, 02:41:30 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Sam

Quote from: Paul on July 21, 2008, 12:31:27 PM
no it's not a joke

paul.. paul.. paul.

meh, snorkel already said most of the stuff I would have.
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Paul on July 21, 2008, 12:16:47 PM
Marijuana should be legal. Even though I smoke it and it is coming from my mouth it should still be legal. I'm not saying this because I smoke it but it has helped a lot of people. To start off, marijuana isn't a drug. Drugs are considered to be chemical substances and marijuana is just a plant. Marijuana contains HTC and it is grown with it. Nobody throws shit in it and puts it under fire. I dislike the people that say marijuana is bad for you and can kill you. Where the fuck is the proof? Show me one proven document that someone has died from smoking marijuana. Smoking it then dying is a different story. They died from a car crash not from marijuana, for example. Marijuana happens to be good for it. Let's say you have a long stress day from work, you go home and smoke marijuana and feel so relieved. Marijuana opens up the lungs and relaxes your body. I find that our government is stupid, and they all smoke themselves. Marijuana should be legal...
Any sort of smoke is dangerous to the lungs.

If a person gets high and can't think straight and gets in a car crash, it's a result of the marijuana. If it impairs your abilities, it's at least dangerous to some degree.

Quote from: Samwise Gamgee on July 21, 2008, 12:30:16 PM
Marijuana isn't harmful.

every drug has some negative effects. it may not be as bad as meth, but regardless, it is still a harmful drug
Quote from: Samwise Gamgee on July 21, 2008, 12:30:16 PM
If it's okay to poison our public's bodies with tar and nicotine, then I should think a little plant would be fine too.
so in other words: we're not poisoning our population enough so we should legalize some more dangerous substances to kill them faster

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Sam

Quote from: Lawlz on July 21, 2008, 12:41:41 PM
Any sort of smoke is dangerous to the lungs.

If a person gets high and can't think straight and gets in a car crash, it's a result of the marijuana. If it impairs your abilities, it's at least dangerous to some degree.
every drug has some negative effects. it may not be as bad as meth, but regardless, it is still a harmful drugso in other words: we're not poisoning our population enough so we should legalize some more dangerous substances to kill them faster

I should probably clarify that when I say things aren't harmful I'm thinking in relation to alcohol. It's probably not the best way to make my judgment, but it just makes sense to  be. Yes, if a person gets high then gets in a car crash, there's a good chance it's because their judgement is somewhat fogged. But in that sense there's no difference from alcohol. I would assume that paired with the legalization other laws will be set into place... like no driving.  And a minimum age for buying it.

Paul

Alcohol and cigarettes kill more people than marijuana. baddood;

Hiro

I agree a little on both sides. What we should do is swap out the legality of weed with tobacco. Also, you can't make alcohol illegal. And lol sam

Paul

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Paul on July 21, 2008, 01:37:44 PM
Alcohol and cigarettes kill more people than marijuana. baddood;
and if marijuana is sold in every shop and more people use and abuse it, you can expect death rates from marijuana to rise greatly

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Sam

Hiro

Kingmush

Coming in late I assume.

But anyway, Marijuana should be legalized most definetly, sure it can be harmful and does have mind altering capabilities, but it has medicinal use and isn't that bad of a "drug".

However, on the flip side; I don't think that more potent drugs should be legalized. Mainly because I don't think it will cut down on crime at all. These people rob and kill not only because they don't want to get caught, but because they can't aford it. So by legalizing it you're basically just rubbing it in their faces that, "Hey, you CAN buy it now, but oh wait, you're life is so screwed you still have to steal it, ha ha".

There's my take on it for now.

Kingmush

Hm.. You're right, I did make that stereotype. X:

Wasn't thinking I guess.. But either way, some are and the OP's original thread seemed to me that it hinted that the theives and murderer kind of drug dealers are who it was targeted at. But that's just what I caught from it.

Also, yes, medical marijuana should be legalized, certainly heavily controlled and not given out to anyone who asks.

reeper

Quote from: Kingmush on July 21, 2008, 03:04:44 PM
Coming in late I assume.

But anyway, Marijuana should be legalized most definetly, sure it can be harmful and does have mind altering capabilities, but it has medicinal use and isn't that bad of a "drug".

However, on the flip side; I don't think that more potent drugs should be legalized. Mainly because I don't think it will cut down on crime at all. These people rob and kill not only because they don't want to get caught, but because they can't aford it. So by legalizing it you're basically just rubbing it in their faces that, "Hey, you CAN buy it now, but oh wait, you're life is so screwed you still have to steal it, ha ha".

There's my take on it for now.
My brother, a huge pot head, stated: how will they find out easily if someone was smoking weed in a car? Open bottle containers are a pretty easy way to tell if someone has been drinking. But weed is a bit harder to tell if someone has been smoking.

Knig

I really don't see why they shouldn't be legalized. You have a right to do what you want to your body, as long it doesn't interfere with the rights/safety of others. They should just make overdosing on drugs a crime, slap a tax on them, and be done with the situation.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Rycerz on July 22, 2008, 01:02:04 PM
I really don't see why they shouldn't be legalized. You have a right to do what you want to your body, as long it doesn't interfere with the rights/safety of others. They should just make overdosing on drugs a crime, slap a tax on them, and be done with the situation.
and you shouldn't be able to smoke at all in public or if you have children since you're harming everyone around you while exercising your "personal freedom"

Knig

Quote from: Lawlz on July 22, 2008, 01:17:13 PM
and you shouldn't be able to smoke at all in public or if you have children since you're harming everyone around you while exercising your "personal freedom"

Swinging around with a sharp steel ax in the proximity of others is against the law, so should smoking next to others be as well. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean the harm is not there. (No shit you can see the smoke billowing around, but what I meant was you don't see the cancer forming in your lungs as it happens.. unless you've got some expensive technology.   )

Go Up