April 17, 2024, 09:05:43 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Legalization of drugs and selling drugs.

Started by Full Metal Ryder, April 24, 2008, 02:41:30 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Houdini

Quote from: Hardcore on May 12, 2008, 02:30:38 PM
Marijuana  would be legal.Only problem is the Goverment likes to tax all drugs.Drugs like weed
Would be hard to tax,Cause it can be grown with great ease.
Actually, that would be a good thing. The ability to easily grow pot puts power, however insignificant, into the hands of the people. I think this is one of the reasons why marijuana hasn't been legalized.

Quote from: Hardcore on May 12, 2008, 02:30:38 PM
Other drugs like meth and crack,Which have shown actual proof they can harm you should not
be legalized.
Alcohol can harm you, as can cigarettes, as can sodas, as can McDonald's, and so on. That's not really the point. Obviously, people will do meth and crack regardless of their legality. The main point of making them legal is to eliminate the illegal drug trade that dominates many third world countries.

sans culottes

I sit by a pothead in math class. He says that if pot was legal, he'd rather buy it than grow it.

The government can't tax you when you grow your own pot, but if someone went to 7-11 and bought some weed, they could tax that. By keeping weed illegal, the government can't make any taxes at all off it, yet shitloads of people smoke it. Instead, tax money is spent on this fake "War on drugs".
I support BUSH

Skylark

Honestly, I'd rather the Government not make it legal because that would mean they're making some profit off it (or I imagine that they would) and that bothers me a bit.
If I'm going to smoke weed (/do any other drug) it really won't matter to me whether or not it's legal anyways, and I imagine that most people who are going to be doing drugs feel the same way.

If you're smart about it chances are you aren't going to get caught. (Please, don't call me stupid or names because I can almost FEEL that coming on. I know what I'm talking about.) You can really get away with a lot if you do it correctly.

I don't want to sound stupid and be all "fuck the government" *excuse the profanity, please. but I really feel that way sometimes. At least as an American.
the book of right on

Houdini

Quote from: skylark-e on May 15, 2008, 06:50:34 PM
Honestly, I'd rather the Government not make it legal because that would mean they're making some profit off it (or I imagine that they would) and that bothers me a bit.
Tobacco is taxed too. I'd rather the money go to the government than to some South American drug lord.

If I'm going to smoke weed (/do any other drug) it really won't matter to me whether or not it's legal anyways, and I imagine that most people who are going to be doing drugs feel the same way.
It would be much cheaper if it were legal, though.

If you're smart about it chances are you aren't going to get caught. (Please, don't call me stupid or names because I can almost FEEL that coming on. I know what I'm talking about.) You can really get away with a lot if you do it correctly.
A lot of people still get caught. Keep in mind that a lot of people are taking up space in jail and eating up our tax dollars just because they got busted for possessing or selling drugs.

Full Metal Ryder

What I never got about the drug trade...why can't you just sell the shit... and move on?

Police wouldn't be on their damn backs all the time if it wasn't for the murders.

hotlikesauce.

Why don't we elect Ralph Nader into office?

NewarkWilder

Pros:

Increased death rate to balance out the alarming birth rates lately.
We could tax the hell out of it.

Cons:

Everyone is doped out on PCP and kills their neighbors because they thought they were going to steal their baby rooster "Tulip".
(insert several more scenarios like the one above)

ncba93ivyase

If the government can't fund itself, it just falls apart.

it needs taxes or some sort of income to sustain itself and uphold stuff like health care, public museums, schools, etc.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

mariofreak

Weed should definitely be legal. All reasons have been stated in the thread already.

Lol @ Lawlz's lack of knowledge on the topic

Meta Ridley

They should be legalized of course.Alcohol and tobacco are legal..I don't see the problem with some weed or heroine. If people wanna be dumb and ruin there lives, so be it.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Meta Ridley on July 18, 2008, 11:35:54 AM
They should be legalized of course.Alcohol and tobacco are legal..I don't see the problem with some weed or heroine. If people wanna be dumb and ruin there lives, so be it.
If a 13 year old girl tries a drug and gets addicted, it's not necessarily her fault because she wasn't making a wise decision and more than likely didn't think things through. If a young person is pressured into doing something, so long as it doesn't result in immediate death or irreversible damage, most will do it and you can't just say "hey you're an idiot you deserve to die."

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

seaking

As far as weed, psychedelics, etc. go it shouldn't be in the government's power to control what we put into our own bodies. Besides, alcohol is far worse, in my opinion, than most of these. When you start talking about addictive substances, though, people are doing them against their will (or at least would not be doing them as much were they not addicted), so I think these should at the very least be regulated somehow.

Sam

Quote from: Lawlz on July 18, 2008, 01:17:58 PM
If a 13 year old girl tries a drug and gets addicted, it's not necessarily her fault because she wasn't making a wise decision and more than likely didn't think things through.

(Technically it is her fault.) Say what you want, but I've been pressured into doing shit since I was 12, and I've still never done any of it. I'm not saying someone deserves to be addicted or die because they bad a bad decision, but you can't use age or peer pressure as an excuse for not being stupid. It's stupidity nonetheless.

As for my opinion, I'd say legalize weed and only weed. Isn't weed now very similar to alcohol during prohibition? I mean, so many people are growing/selling/buying it that it seems absolutely rediculous that it's something we consider illegal. It just makes sense to legalize it. Despite being difficult to tax, America would still be making money rather than spending it.

Other drugs are too dangerous and risky. Also, weed shouldn't be legal to minors. In fact, maybe it should be paired with the drinking age. Too many high kids in schools is never a good thing.
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Paul

Marijuana should be legal. Even though I smoke it and it is coming from my mouth it should still be legal. I'm not saying this because I smoke it but it has helped a lot of people. To start off, marijuana isn't a drug. Drugs are considered to be chemical substances and marijuana is just a plant. Marijuana contains HTC and it is grown with it. Nobody throws shit in it and puts it under fire. I dislike the people that say marijuana is bad for you and can kill you. Where the fuck is the proof? Show me one proven document that someone has died from smoking marijuana. Smoking it then dying is a different story. They died from a car crash not from marijuana, for example. Marijuana happens to be good for it. Let's say you have a long stress day from work, you go home and smoke marijuana and feel so relieved. Marijuana opens up the lungs and relaxes your body. I find that our government is stupid, and they all smoke themselves. Marijuana should be legal...

Sam

Quote from: Paul on July 21, 2008, 12:16:47 PM
Marijuana should be legal. Even though I smoke it and it is coming from my mouth it should still be legal. I'm not saying this because I smoke it but it has helped a lot of people. To start off, marijuana isn't a drug. Drugs are considered to be chemical substances and marijuana is just a plant. Marijuana contains HTC and it is grown with it. Nobody throws shit in it and puts it under fire. I dislike the people that say marijuana is bad for you and can kill you. Where the fuck is the proof? Show me one proven document that someone has died from smoking marijuana. Smoking it then dying is a different story. They died from a car crash not from marijuana, for example. Marijuana happens to be good for it. Let's say you have a long stress day from work, you go home and smoke marijuana and feel so relieved. Marijuana opens up the lungs and relaxes your body. I find that our government is stupid, and they all smoke themselves. Marijuana should be legal...

um.. is this a joke?

Quote from: Vostroya on July 21, 2008, 10:24:12 AM
The fact is that many people have no common sense until well into their 20's, but you can't make the age for legal adulthood 30. There has to be some attempt to protect people from harmful things such as drugs, even if it's a personal choice to use them. Marijuana shouldn't won't be legalised because the government is fighting a "war" on it, and it shouldn't be legalised because, like I said earlier, as soon as that happens within a few years there will be one or two companies who own all the marijuana going into the country. Additionally the kinds of effects it would have on international politics are not desirable.

The system works fine right now because truly stupid people are protected from not being able to pick up drugs besides nicotine in a gas station, but for anyone who really wants to, finding a dealer is not a difficult thing to do.

yeah.. I see what you're saying. But.. people do have common sense as teenagers and youg adults. Some more than others, yeah, but that holds true for later in life as well. The only reason I would think it would be smart to keep marijuana illegal is that it could lead to the possible usage of actual dangerous drugs. That, however, is beyond the control of the government. The people who would seek past using weed for something else are the ones who are already doing it.

Yes, the United States is fighting a 'war on drugs', but that's the thing. Marijuana isn't harmful. It's safer use weed than alcohol. If made legal, we'd just be fighting a new war, a war on illegal drugs. Technically it's the same thing, weed's just not included.

If marijuana actually hurt people, I'd agree with you Snorkel. Keeping it illegal for the safety of our mindless citizens is important. But it's really not bad for the human body at all. If it's okay to poison our public's bodies with tar and nicotine, then I should think a little plant would be fine too.
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Go Up