October 07, 2024, 04:34:22 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

eh me and this guy were arguing about the "nerd forest"

Started by The artist formally known, April 13, 2008, 04:08:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The artist formally known

I had brought up some video game while I was talking to this guy I see regularly at this magic shop. He had said that people who play video games are way in the center of the forest while people that play magic are like in the edge of it.

I said that people who play video games are near the edge while magic the gathering was in the center, just surrounding those who cosplay and who read harry potter.

and the people who play D&D and Warhammer are not even in the forest, they're  outside of the forest rolling dice pretending they're in the forest they're so nerdy.

how does the nerd forest work?

YPrrrr

I don't think video games are all that nerdy, considering most guys play them at my school. I don't think the football team can fit under the nerd category,

C.Mongler

when you said magic shop i thought you meant pulling bun buns from hats

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on April 13, 2008, 04:10:26 PM
I don't think video games are all that nerdy, considering most guys play them at my school. I don't think the football team can fit under the nerd category,
thats why i said they're on the side of it, barley even touching the forest

though me and lawlz are extremely nerdy when it comes to video games

Pele

Quote from: reefer on April 13, 2008, 04:11:23 PM

As far as I'm concerned, there's hardcore gamers, who are complete nerds, and the more casual gamers, who can be anyone.

YPrrrr

I think you're both extremely nerdy when it comes to life in general.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on April 13, 2008, 04:10:26 PM
But if you ask a girl to play Galactic Attack with you, they never talk to you again. I've experienced this on multiple occasions.
barley even touching the forest
I think barley grows in fields.
Quote from: Pele et al. on April 13, 2008, 04:13:00 PM
As far as I'm concerned, there's hardcore gamers, who are complete nerds, and the more casual gamers, who can be anyone.
I hate saying "hardcore gamer" because it makes me think of people that obsess over a single game or series and play it all night everyday. You know, like those kids that just play Halo every spare second of their lives and can spend hours taking about some some bullet deflected and a rock broke and fell onto some guy and snapped his arm and how seven polygons fell into the ground, without even realizing how terrible such physics would be and without even knowing what the hell a polygon is.

I'm just a bastard that plays everything I can find for a fair price.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Pele

Quote from: Lawlz on April 13, 2008, 04:16:06 PM
But if you ask a girl to play Galactic Attack with you, they never talk to you again. I've experienced this on multiple occasions. I think barley grows in fields.I hate saying "hardcore gamer" because it makes me think of people that obsess over a single game or series and play it all night everyday. You know, like those kids that just play Halo every spare second of their lives and can spend hours taking about some some bullet deflected and a rock broke and fell onto some guy and snapped his arm and how seven polygons fell into the ground, without even realizing how terrible such physics would be and without even knowing what the hell a polygon is.

I'm just a bastard that plays everything I can find for a fair price.

To me, a "hardcore" gamer is someone who eats, sleeps, and breathes video games.

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on April 13, 2008, 04:13:43 PM
I think you're both extremely nerdy when it comes to life in general.
Yes but that wasn't the point of that post.

I actually played in a Magic tournament this weekend. My first actual tournament and I won 2 games out of 4. If I had won the last one I would have been in the top 4 out of about 20 people. I fucked up because they were rushing me.

Everyone that played against me played so fucking slow. My games always were the last the finish.

Snorkel

no you obviously don't understand

Warhammer isn't even remotely similar to D&D, but D&D folks are way outside the forest rolling dice wishing they were in the forest

Magic is closer to the center than video games

In my defense, Warhammer itself isn't that nerdy. Most of the people who play it are, but painting models and building scenery from scratch and stuff is really more akin to doing detailed woodwork and other artistic hobbies than D&D, which is purely cute storylines and d20 rolling.

Cookie

Socks

Quote from: Pele et al. on April 13, 2008, 04:18:12 PM
To me, a "hardcore" gamer is someone who eats, sleeps, and breathes video games.

You forgot shits and pisses.

Placebo Headwound

YPrrrr

V

Go Up