October 09, 2024, 06:21:07 AM

1,531,326 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Computer Help

Started by Tobin Coziahr, April 12, 2008, 03:27:42 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Tobin Coziahr

Damn, I can't find the format.   wry

ncba93ivyase

Formatting wipes your harddrive.

I'm sure you'd be able to clear and reinstall the OS by popping in the Windows CD and restarting your computer. You'll lose all your data, but if you really want to play Warcraft, do it.

also i don't use windows often and only profess in os x but it may be possible to slap in administrator privileges by just inserting the cd and restarting but not reinstalling

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Tobin Coziahr

Quote from: Lawlz on April 12, 2008, 05:35:51 PM
Formatting wipes your harddrive.

I'm sure you'd be able to clear and reinstall the OS by popping in the Windows CD and restarting your computer. You'll lose all your data, but if you really want to play Warcraft, do it.

also i don't use windows often and only profess in os x but it may be possible to slap in administrator privileges by just inserting the cd and restarting but not reinstalling
Where can I find a Windows CD?  Or does it automatically come with the PC?  And I don't want to sound stupid, or be a burden, but what's the OS? 

ME##

Quote from: GIOVANNIINFEDORA on April 12, 2008, 05:41:11 PM
Where can I find a Windows CD?  Or does it automatically come with the PC?  And I don't want to sound stupid, or be a burden, but what's the OS? 

lmfao

I know OEMs like Dell ship CDs of XP with computers in case if you ever need to reinstall it, but it sounds like you don't have it. You can either torrent XP or you could spend the $100 or how much it is now to purchase a legal copy. OS stands for operating system.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: GIOVANNIINFEDORA on April 12, 2008, 05:41:11 PM
It should be somewhere around your desk area or in your computer box or something.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Tobin Coziahr

Quote from: ME86 on April 12, 2008, 05:44:44 PM

lmfao

I know OEMs like Dell ship CDs of XP with computers in case if you ever need to reinstall it, but it sounds like you don't have it. You can either torrent XP or you could spend the $100 or how much it is now to purchase a legal copy. OS stands for operating system.
Now, let's say, I pay the money to get the CD.  How do I format my computer?  Because I can't find the format option in the folder you told me to go into.

Tobin Coziahr

I'll try and find a disk tomorrow.  Thanks for your help guys.

ME##

Quote from: GIOVANNIINFEDORA on April 12, 2008, 05:48:13 PM
Now, let's say, I pay the money to get the CD.  How do I format my computer?  Because I can't find the format option in the folder you told me to go into.

When installing Windows XP it'll give you the option to format your HDD or do a partition.

Feynman

it hurts that people like you are using computers cry;

ME##

Quote from: Bassir C. on April 12, 2008, 07:19:55 PM
it hurts that people like you are using computers cry;

srsly

you should stop them bassir :'(

Blaze-Senpai

Can't you boot into safemode and use the Default admn account?

Pele

What an idiot.  First he wants to play WoW and then he doesn't know jack shit about computers.  caterpie;

Tobin Coziahr

Quote from: Elep on April 12, 2008, 08:09:34 PM
What an idiot.  First he wants to play WoW and then he doesn't know jack shit about computers.  caterpie;
Sorry I'm not as computer savvy as some people.

Go Up