October 05, 2024, 07:42:06 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

What game stores make you feel "at home"?

Started by ncba93ivyase, April 05, 2008, 02:52:42 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

CD Warehouse is by far the best. All the employees are nice ladies and lads in their early 20's are fairly knowledgeable about what they're selling. There's always some good music playing at a low level in the background, a couple of TVs around playing some movies they're selling (and you can sit and watch them if you want to because the store isn't loud nor and the TVs are at a reasonable level so that you hear it only if you want to), a few posters to fill up empty section of the wall, and employees don't immediately say "HAY GUYZ LOOKIN FOR ANYTHIN" when you walk in.

I can go and look at the Super Nintendo games while the employees have a nice conversation with some customers about  a movie or whatever, then just come over and tell them what I'm interested in. Then they just lift the lid and talk to me about games they remembered playing when they were younger and all that, and it feels pretty good. The guy today was actually pretty damn amazed I had a working Master System and hasn't played one since he had an SMS as a little kid. He was a pretty cool guy and said he'd be fairly interested in coming over to my house and play a bit with me. :| He then took me to the back to show me their newest stock, just recently brought in from some guy selling his Super Nintendo collection, all in mint condition, and this is when I snagged Super Turrican for $25.

But yeah, tell stories of awesome times buying games or what stores you like most and whatnot. CD Warehouse will always be my favorite.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

YPrrrr

None. I feel like I'm surrounded by 13 year olds and clueless parents trying to buy a game for their 6 year old

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on April 05, 2008, 02:54:21 PM
None. I feel like I'm surrounded by 13 year olds and clueless parents trying to buy a game for their 6 year old
You must shop at EB Games or Gamestop.

Maybe it's because CD Warehouse only sells used games, but there's usually only one little kid and he's usually alone. The other four or five customers are usually 20-40 and not complete idiots like you'd find in other major chain stores.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

YPrrrr

Quote from: Lawlz on April 05, 2008, 02:56:56 PM
You must shop at EB Games or Gamestop.

Maybe it's because CD Warehouse only sells used games, but there's usually only one little kid and he's usually alone. The other four or five customers are usually 20-40 and not complete idiots like you'd find in other major chain stores.
And Gamecrazy. There used to be a nice used game shop on the college's campus I used to live next to, but it turned into a scuba store

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on April 05, 2008, 03:04:08 PM
And Gamecrazy. There used to be a nice used game shop on the college's campus I used to live next to, but it turned into a scuba store
honestly who goes scuba diving in pennsylvania

Also, Gamecrazy is always loud and I just hate it.

Also, i forgot to add that CD Warehouse employees need no uniforms, making you feel like the employees are more like you and not inferior or assholes or any of that.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Lawlz on April 05, 2008, 03:05:14 PM
honestly who goes scuba diving in pennsylvania
I honestly have no idea, but they also offered lessons. I guess they went into the nearby polluted lake or something

Bushy

My local Gamestop because I know a lot of the employees
@pokemonyewest on Twitter

Feynman

I don't spend much time in stores, unless it's the Apple store. And even the employees there suck, I only stay for the devices.

I do enjoy helping out a customer when the employees are being retarded in the technology department in Target or the Apple store, though.

[hedy]Zidone

None, all of the stores I've been to suck. :'(

And the oldest game I've ever seen in any store around here was Final Fantasy VII. goonish

JGE

Gamestop I guess.

Go to my local one by my house so I tend to shop there most of the time for my games, it was also the same place where I won the Brawl launch tournament. There's never really any people there (aside from the fucking shit load of people there for Brawl and the tournament) so I never get annoyed by any little kids or retarded parents, the place is rather quiet, they have a lot of good working demos and they have a fine selection of games usually if I just feel like picking up a random game.

Wrench

The Gamestop right down my street. One of the employees is pretty cool and I can actually talk to him.

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

strongbad

I guess my gamestop, but only when it isn't crowded with little kids. I know most of the employees and they gave me a 50% discount on mass effect when it came out :o

Commander Fuckass

None, I don't feel at home in any store.
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

KonohaShinobi

Go Up