April 28, 2024, 02:41:33 AM

1,531,646 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

kashmir

Started by sans culottes, August 02, 2008, 05:12:11 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

sans culottes

Just wondering, what do you all think of Led Zeppelin's Kashmir?
I support BUSH

Houdini

I like the drum sound. I'm pretty sure they got it by setting up Bonzo's drums at the bottom of a staircase and putting a mic at the top.

reeper

Awesome song, again on the drums, I love the sound of them. Reminds me of Primus.

See The Brown Album. Not exactly the same type but I love when it doesn't sound perfect.

Dullahan

Sounds like shit to me.
Generic, if I say so myself.

sans culottes

Quote from: Slum Shady on August 03, 2008, 09:50:50 PM
Sounds like shit to me.
Generic, if I say so myself.

um.

what?
I support BUSH

Samus Aran

To be perfectly honest, I'm not overly fond of it, at least in comparison to Zepp's other tunes. I'm not usually one to complain about a song dragging on a bit too long, but Kashmir is one of the songs that I feel really does...well, drag on. But it's still a good tune overall...but considering I like basically everything Led Zeppelin has recorded, that's not saying much.

Quote from: Houdini on August 02, 2008, 09:22:04 PM
I like the drum sound. I'm pretty sure they got it by setting up Bonzo's drums at the bottom of a staircase and putting a mic at the top.

I seriously never heard that before.

Houdini

Quote from: Kazmuffin on August 04, 2008, 08:35:10 PM
I seriously never heard that before.
Actually, I think they did that on When The Levee Breaks, not Kashmir.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Houdini on August 04, 2008, 08:57:02 PM
Actually, I think they did that on When The Levee Breaks, not Kashmir.

Okay, that makes more sense. I've heard a lot of rumors about When the Levee Breaks, including one popular one stating that Bonzo played with his bare hands on it.

Houdini

Quote from: Kazmuffin on August 04, 2008, 08:58:03 PM
Okay, that makes more sense. I've heard a lot of rumors about When the Levee Breaks, including one popular one stating that Bonzo played with his bare hands on it.
That's BS. No one can play drums like that with their bare hands.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Houdini on August 04, 2008, 09:08:21 PM
That's BS. No one can play drums like that with their bare hands.

Indeed. Most of the rumors about Bonzo are false. People just have this weird idea that he hit the drums as hard as he could whatever ways he could, including his bare hands. From what I hear he's actually just as calm of a drummer as the next guy.

Houdini

Quote from: Kazmuffin on August 04, 2008, 09:17:10 PM
Indeed. Most of the rumors about Bonzo are false. People just have this weird idea that he hit the drums as hard as he could whatever ways he could, including his bare hands. From what I hear he's actually just as calm of a drummer as the next guy.
He was in fact a very relaxed drummer, which was how he could keep such a tight groove. His drumming sounds heavy because he had great technique, not because he played hard. As a drummer, I can assure you that playing will tire you out after five or ten minutes if you're playing in front of a crowd.

sans culottes

Quote from: Kazmuffin on August 04, 2008, 08:35:10 PM
To be perfectly honest, I'm not overly fond of it, at least in comparison to Zepp's other tunes. I'm not usually one to complain about a song dragging on a bit too long, but Kashmir is one of the songs that I feel really does...well, drag on. But it's still a good tune overall...but considering I like basically everything Led Zeppelin has recorded, that's not saying much.

Well.

I used to hate Kashmir, and joke that listening to it gives you brain damage (I still do). But then one day I was listening to it and I realized that it was awesome shit. One of Zepp's best songs.
I support BUSH

Go Up