March 28, 2024, 03:05:33 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Guns!

Started by Boogus Epirus Aurelius, March 15, 2008, 07:25:32 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: xXTheHaunted on March 21, 2008, 08:18:13 PM
Hand guns are for protection in your home.
what's the ratio of citizens using guns for self defense versus those being used for criminal activities

Convenience store employees pretty much need them while at work, but outside that, no.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Zeta

Quote from: Lawlz on March 21, 2008, 08:54:01 PM
what's the ratio of citizens using guns for self defense versus those being used for criminal activities

In that case, lets ban baseball bats because I could bash your skull in.

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: Zeta on March 21, 2008, 09:23:34 PM

Ugh! That's such a stupid, shitty argument and it's been already used with the fire extinguisher example. Are baseball bats manufactured specifically for bashing skulls in?
Plus, as said numerous times, the idea of having a universal ban on guns is absurd. Instead, there needs to be greater emphasis on continuing to set up rules and regulations to moderate sales.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Zeta on March 21, 2008, 09:23:34 PM
Guns exist for the sole purpose of killing.

Baseball bats exist primarily for entertainment, but can be used for killing.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Daddy

Quote from: Lawlz on March 21, 2008, 09:40:40 PM

Yeah, I mean you should get life for killing these:

Damn clay pigeon shooting isn't entertainment anymore; it is murder.

guff

Quote from: JMV on March 21, 2008, 09:50:46 PM
Damn clay pigeon shooting isn't entertainment anymore; it is murder.
that's a silly thing to say doodthing;

Daddy

Quote from: Commodore Guff on March 22, 2008, 11:18:40 AM
that's a silly thing to say doodthing;
Guns are used solely for murder.  Lawlz said.

guff

Quote from: JMV on March 22, 2008, 11:21:09 AM
Guns are used solely for murder.  Lawlz said.
and i'm sure that the majority of gun owners are nothing more than clay pigeon enthusiasts

[REDACTED]

Cyanide is only used for suicide, let's ban it.
I do not have HIV/AIDS.

sans culottes

Quote from: JMV on March 21, 2008, 10:30:39 AM
Women can be rapists too.

Yep. It's just more common for a man to be a rapist. Just using that as an example.
Quote from: Vunderhof on March 21, 2008, 04:24:53 PM

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2008/03/21/2008-03-21_gun_paint_company_taunts_mayor_bloomberg.html

Badass.
QuoteAll criminals or only violent ones?

Generally, I'd say violent ones. However, people like thiefs shouldn't get any because they could use it to help them steal shit.

Everyone who wants to ban guns is a retard though,  if only criminals and cops get 'em, we're fucked.
I support BUSH

Zeta

Quote from: Lawlz on March 21, 2008, 09:40:40 PM

And they can be used in self-defense, a positive thing. Just because fuckheads who get their weapons illegally like to do drive-bys doesn't mean you should punish people who don't.

If you wanted to stop the above, you wouldn't even look at guns. You'd end the war on drugs.

musica.cards

Quote from: Boognish on March 15, 2008, 07:32:44 PM
But, if nobody sold guns in the first place, what would you need to defend against? It would certainly make gang fights a little more even, what with everyone relying on knives or chains.

Not necessarily. Just because no one sold guns, doesn't mean that no one would produce guns. For all we know, only the gangsters would have guns 
[move]gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby [/move]

Squirtlejazz

Quote from: Zeta on March 22, 2008, 04:13:39 PM
And they can be used in self-defense, a positive thing. Just because fuckheads who get their weapons illegally like to do drive-bys doesn't mean you should punish people who don't.

If you wanted to stop the above, you wouldn't even look at guns. You'd end the war on drugs.
Finally someone has some fucking brains!
iSnake

sans culottes

Quote from: some_person on March 22, 2008, 10:35:42 PM
Not necessarily. Just because no one sold guns, doesn't mean that no one would produce guns. For all we know, only the gangsters would have guns 

YES!

This is exactly the main reason to keep guns legal. Imagine a nation where everyone who obeys the laws gets a gun. Sure, there'd be occassions when a guy gets mad at his wife and pulls the trigger, but that's obvious - there's no way to stop all crime. But there'd be less assaults by thugs when they know you have a gun, and we'd be able to defend ourselves.
I support BUSH

musica.cards

Quote from: Co-Z on March 23, 2008, 07:29:53 AM
YES!

This is exactly the main reason to keep guns legal. Imagine a nation where everyone who obeys the laws gets a gun. Sure, there'd be occassions when a guy gets mad at his wife and pulls the trigger, but that's obvious - there's no way to stop all crime. But there'd be less assaults by thugs when they know you have a gun, and we'd be able to defend ourselves.

Feel free to call me an idiot if I missed something about self defense guns, but why do they use real bullets?
[move]gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby [/move]

Go Up