April 17, 2024, 08:39:18 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

so i ordered the orange box on wednesday

Started by 36chambers, March 08, 2008, 07:06:24 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: UnagiPower on March 09, 2008, 04:41:30 PM
WHAT

Why, just because most people suck with it and some people just so happen to be good with it?
Because it's the only class that require practice. With everything else, especially soldier and heavy, you can just run around like an idiot and do fair. If you just run around as a spy, you'll get blown up and burned every 7 seconds.

The worst part is most medics only heal soldiers and heavies, so I make sure to always give a spy a good little boost before he goes in and keep a distance behind a pyro since he can do more damage than a soldier. God, I hate medics that only heal one or two certain units, and I'm running around screaming with only 15 HP left.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

C.Mongler

Quote from: UnagiPower on March 09, 2008, 04:41:30 PM
WHAT

Why, just because most people suck with it and some people just so happen to be good with it?

no because backstab is incredible powerful, but the spy is incredibly undetectable. I'm not mad because 'aw i suck as spy' in fact, its my best fucking class, and frankly it requires less practice than any other class. But the only thing I want back from TFC is that spys dont disappear as their alternate, they fake death on the ground, though its impossible to do with the source engine unfortunately.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: C Mongler on March 12, 2008, 02:55:39 PM
no because backstab is incredible powerful, but the spy is incredibly undetectable. I'm not mad because 'aw i suck as spy' in fact, its my best fucking class, and frankly it requires less practice than any other class. But the only thing I want back from TFC is that spys dont disappear as their alternate, they fake death on the ground, though its impossible to do with the source engine unfortunately.
You can only be invisible for about 15 seconds if that, and it takes about 45 seconds to regenerate it. After recent updates, getting a backstab on a moving unit (even if they're moving straight) feels nigh impossible, so it's now for sure the weakest class. Give him cloaking for an extra 10 seconds and regeneration at 1.5x speed, and he'd be much better.

Also, the medic's bonesaw and the sniper's machete are each far more powerful than the butterfly knife, so if you don't get a backstab you're dead.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

UnagiPower

Quote from: Lawlz on March 12, 2008, 05:16:52 PM
You can only be invisible for about 15 seconds if that, and it takes about 45 seconds to regenerate it. After recent updates, getting a backstab on a moving unit (even if they're moving straight) feels nigh impossible, so it's now for sure the weakest class. Give him cloaking for an extra 10 seconds and regeneration at 1.5x speed, and he'd be much better.

Also, the medic's bonesaw and the sniper's machete are each far more powerful than the butterfly knife, so if you don't get a backstab you're dead.

Also pyros spray randomly which makes me sad.  :(

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: UnagiPower on March 12, 2008, 05:46:38 PM
Also pyros spray randomly which makes me sad.  :(
You can sometimes take out a pyro if you run away quick and shoot at them.

However, soldiers and demomen can easily take you out in a single hit. I really hate those demomen that  seem to somehow know you're there, even if you're cloaked and have been cloaked for about 10 seconds.

C.Mongler

Quote from: Lawlz on March 12, 2008, 05:16:52 PM

Uh, hello nigga, engineer's wrench is most over powered fucker ever.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: C Mongler on March 12, 2008, 08:21:09 PM
Uh, hello nigga, engineer's wrench is most over powered fucker ever.
To a spy, yes.

Otherwise, it doesn't do much to other classes.

C.Mongler

Quote from: Lawlz on March 12, 2008, 08:24:33 PM
To a spy, yes.

Otherwise, it doesn't do much to other classes.

ive been killed in two wrench wacks as a soldja before.

Go Up