April 16, 2024, 01:44:06 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Lottery, what if you won it?

Started by reeper, March 03, 2008, 12:38:22 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

reeper

Seriously, how would you keep from trying to be taken advantage of, and how would you live your life still.

I read this on /r9k/, someone posted it in a thread about their secrets

QuoteI won the lottery and have only told I person I know because I'm afraid the rest will try to take advantage of me to get to my money.

I have told my girlfriend, who almost instantly started paying for more of her own things. When I asked her why, she shrugged and smiled at me. We live together, and she often completely forgets how much money I have, such as when I was telling her about the vacation to California I was planning for us, and she was getting upset about the money it would cost.

"But you don't even have a job!"
"...Lottery, remember?"
"Oh yea, ahahaha, sorry. :3"

I tell everyone else that I own a successful online business. I haven't worked in 2 years.

I probably would do something along those lines too.

He posted some other things if you're interested:

Quote>>219226
43 million. Florida lotto, I paid 7 dollars, all or nothing. It was my first ticket.

I dreamed the numbers.
>>219228
I don't really want a job. I've kind of become this...bum. I'm only 21, and I dropped out of college. I really don't have any drive to do anything. I accomplished my goal of being a millionaire early, and now I don't know what the fuck I want to do with my life.

sans culottes

Yeah. If I won I wouldn't tell anyone.
I support BUSH

Kalahari Inkantation

March 03, 2008, 11:41:42 AM #2 Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 02:58:18 PM by HUNTER TECTRON
If I won, and it was a large enough amount to keep me set for life, I probably wouldn't tell too many people either. Also, I'd still go to college and get a good job just in case, or just to have something to do with all the free time I'd have. Maybe something fun like teaching. doodella;

YPrrrr

Quote from: HUNTER TECTRON on March 03, 2008, 11:41:42 AM
If I won, and it was a large enough amount to keep me set for life, I probably wouldn't tell too many people either. Also, I'd still go to college and get a good job just in case, or just to have something to do with all the free time I'd have. Maybe something easy like teaching. doodella;
Teaching isn't that easy unless it's something like kindergarten...

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on March 03, 2008, 02:48:23 PM
...Oops, I actually meant fun, not easy. bassir;
i wonder how easy slipped in there

Snorkel

I'm not sure what I'd do. I know at first I'd be like, "HOLY FUCK AWESOME", and just buy a bunch of cool shit and generally live the rich life for a bit (like, a month). Then I know I'd get around to thinking, "well, this isn't that satisfying because I don't have anything to show for this money besides a lottery ticket."

I'd probably end up starting some business for the benefit of people, on a small or large scale, even something as simple as restoring vintage computers and selling them and donating proceeds to some charity (exactly what I do now, except without the donating to charity part). Just something to keep me motivated.

I also definitely wouldn't tell people.

strongbad

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on March 03, 2008, 02:48:23 PM

Lol, PE.
I'd get a job, but only a small one that didn't make me pissed off, but didn't make me feel like a fatass.

Samus Aran

Depends on how much I got. I have a problem with having too much money at once that leads me to hold on to it just for the sake of having a lot of money, and then it never gets spent until I feel particularly spontaneous enough to blow it. Because of this, if I got an extremely large sum, I'd probably end up giving quite a bit of it to others just to avoid the personal stress of having so much cash. Naturally I'd still leave enough to buy some cool shit and have some left over for other possible expenses, but other than that...I don't really need a lot of money.

Squirtlejazz

I'd put it right in the bank. Do you know what the interest on that shit would be?!!!
Basically it would be like an annual salary..
Then I would live a normal life, but with extras. When that was done, I'd donate a lot to charity.
iSnake

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Squirtlejazz on March 04, 2008, 05:53:31 AM
I'd put it right in the bank. Do you know what the interest on that shit would be?!!!
Basically it would be like an annual salary..
Then I would live a normal life, but with extras. When that was done, I'd donate a lot to charity.

I'd keep it in a box and wouldn't let any third party put their grubby mitts on my cash.

And I'd probably still hold a job if I was already working before I won it, since just a few million wouldn't hold me out for life.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

guff

Quote from: Lawlz on March 04, 2008, 02:30:21 PM
I'd keep it in a box and wouldn't let any third party put their grubby mitts on my cash.
So, you wouldn't spend it?

Good call. baddood;

Sam

I wouldn't tell anyone who'snot important, goddamned moochers, but I probably would brag to boyah. You're important, boyah.

I would pay for college, purchase a house just the right size for me (not some huge mansion for the hell of it) and continue to work comfortably just so I have tiny fragmants of a social life.

This is all dependent on how much I win.
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Socks

Bank. Interest. Fuck School. Fuck Work. Bitches. Party. House. Invest. Chill.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Commodore Guff on March 04, 2008, 03:35:35 PM

Good call. baddood;
It's possible I'd keep it until I died and left my children inherit it if I ever had any.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Houdini

Quote from: Commodore Guff on March 04, 2008, 03:35:35 PM

Good call. baddood;
No kidding. Let's give him some tax breaks.

Go Up