September 23, 2024, 06:25:37 PM

1,531,321 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Do you ever sleep to avoid things mentally?

Started by Snorkel, March 05, 2008, 08:03:37 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Snorkel

I know at least a couple times I've been really mentally racked about something, and have said "'aw fuck it" and gone to sleep. I do this in school, also. Even during tests sometimes. In the face of all my reasoning telling me I need to complete the task at hand, I think literally "sleeping on it" really helps sometimes.

I think I saw something on Digg once about how sleeping on a tough decision actually rearranges your brain to make it awesomer and so you make a better choice, too

YPrrrr

Samus Aran

Not really. I just end up being unable to fall asleep if I try to do that.

The artist formally known

Emotional things yes, depression usually makes you sleep a lot which I have had a couple of times.

I would come home from school so depressed I'd just sleep the whole day, wake up for food, and sleep some more. I did that for a couple days one year and it actually "helped", all the problem was was my friends and the problem went away after a while.

Kalahari Inkantation

I did that a few weeks ago because I was depressed but just couldn't figure out why. I woke up and felt so much better. doodthing;

Selkie

I wish I could do that but I literally can't fall asleep unless it's at night when I usually do.

Unless I take nyquil or something, but i think it's good because I love sleeping and dreaming so much that if I had the power to sleep whenever i wanted, I'd sleep my life away.

Go Up