March 28, 2024, 02:12:47 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Evolution makes no sense at all

Started by One Man Freak Show, May 14, 2007, 04:06:22 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

One Man Freak Show

I'm a Christian, so I believe that God made the universe and all that.

I don't understand how people can believe in evolution. They say molecules came together to form something. How did those molecules get there? They just magically appeared? How can one believe in say, ghosts, but not believe that God created everything?

ncba93ivyase

I'm an acosmist, so I believe that the universe doesn't exist and all that.

I don't understand how people can believe in theism. They say god came together to form something. How did god get there? She just magically appeared? How can one believe in say, intelligent design, but not believe that evolution slowly created advanced life forms or we simply don't exist?

Evolution merely states that many animals (highly unlikely that it's "all") originate from a common ancestor, and each species adapts to its environment to survive better. It has nothing to do with how the universe as a whole came about.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

One Man Freak Show

Quote from: Lawlz on May 14, 2007, 04:10:16 PM

I don't understand how people can believe in theism. They say god came together to form something. How did god get there? She just magically appeared? How can one believe in say, intelligent design, but not believe that evolution slowly created advanced life forms or we simply don't exist?

Evolution merely states that many animals (highly unlikely that it's "all") originate from a common ancestor, and each species adapts to its environment to survive better. It has nothing to do with how the universe as a whole came about.

God is God. You don't question God. v;

LCK

Quote from: ONEMANFREAKSHOW on May 14, 2007, 04:12:14 PM
Quote from: Lawlz on May 14, 2007, 04:10:16 PM

I can question God all I want.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: ONEMANFREAKSHOW on May 14, 2007, 04:12:14 PM
And this is exactly why humanity has remained ignorant for all these centuries.

Question everything. It's how you learn.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Necro

May 14, 2007, 05:31:35 PM #5 Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 05:36:52 PM by Necro
Quote from: ONEMANFREAKSHOW on May 14, 2007, 04:06:22 PM
I'm a Christian, so I believe that God made the universe and all that.

I don't understand how people can believe in evolution. They say molecules came together to form something. How did those molecules get there? They just magically appeared? How can one believe in say, ghosts, but not believe that God created everything?
I don't know how you can be so oblivious about this at all. And seriously, how could you not believe in evolution? I mean, it's right fucking in front of us, we know it happens, so why can't people accept that it's probably where we came from, too? The theory of evolution doesn't say what started it existence and the universe, it just states how homosapiens came to be.

Now that that's cleared up, we go to the real question: Where did the matter and existence come from? I still say the Big-Bang. But where the hell did that come from? That, I dunno. But how you come to the conlusion that it was created by a diety is ridiculous, though not moronic, as when thinking of possibilities, I can see that one being an obvious find.. The idea that you close yourself to all other ideas after you find it, and won't accept any other ideas, is ignorant and foolish.

gentleman;
You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is Necro

reeper

Remember when you learned that matter cannot be created or destroyed? Remember when you learned that energy cannot be created or destroyed? Remember when you learned that no matter the weight of matter, all objects with the same wind resistance drops at the same time?

All things that have truth that you've not taken a deep questioning to, take time to understand.

reeper

Quote from: Pennywise on May 14, 2007, 05:55:35 PM
In the beginning was the Word and the word was God and the Word was with God.

It's fairly self explanatory, God has always been in existance, no beginning and no end.

What the finland's with the sudden evolutionary debates?
Wait, I'm in serious discussion. That explains alot.
Who was there in the beginning to prove the existence of god? Until I see proof, which doubt will come after billions, or whatever you guys believe in, years of existence, I will keep writing "god" without a capitalized "G" and not take part in believing him.

Phydeaux

QuoteAnd seriously, how could you not believe in evolution?

How could one believe in evolution? Isn't it right there?

Microevolutionary progress is observable, but there's some huge jumps in assumptions and logic to make an all-encompassing theory.

Evolution, Creationism are probably both wrong. This entire world and everything we know about it came about last Tuesday.

superclucky

Quote from: Phydeaux on May 15, 2007, 12:39:27 PM

Microevolutionary progress is observable, but there's some huge jumps in assumptions and logic to make an all-encompassing theory.

Evolution, Creationism are probably both wrong. This entire world and everything we know about it came about last Tuesday.
It's Thursday.  caterpie;
kewns are smelly

Phydeaux

Quote from: SuperClucky on May 15, 2007, 01:03:47 PM

My mistake.

Daddy

Quote from: Phydeaux on May 15, 2007, 01:38:22 PM
Quote from: SuperClucky on May 15, 2007, 01:03:47 PM

My mistake.
No, you're right.  There is also Last Tuesdayism and Last Wednesdayism.  [1]

mariofreak55

Quote from: Reaper on May 15, 2007, 02:19:58 AM
Quote from: Pennywise on May 14, 2007, 05:55:35 PM
In the beginning was the Word and the word was God and the Word was with God.

It's fairly self explanatory, God has always been in existance, no beginning and no end.

What the finland's with the sudden evolutionary debates?
Wait, I'm in serious discussion. That explains alot.
Who was there in the beginning to prove the existence of god? Until I see proof, which doubt will come after billions, or whatever you guys believe in, years of existence, I will keep writing "god" without a capitalized "G" and not take part in believing him.
As far as I know, Christianity if a belief system based on faith. They have faith, you're not changing that.

ACWW

(christ ftw)
God made Earth. Without god, you wouldn't be here, or me, Boyah, or anything. Really? Eveloution? Science? Whats up with that? God.
hi

One Man Freak Show

Quote from: ACWW on May 15, 2007, 03:36:10 PM
(christ ftw)
God made Earth. Without god, you wouldn't be here, or me, Boyah, or anything. Really? Eveloution? Science? Whats up with that? God.

Are you saying that science, in general, is fake? v;

Go Up