October 18, 2024, 03:14:25 AM

1,531,335 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

So, how far are you supposed to go down on a push up?

Started by Daddy, February 20, 2008, 07:59:15 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Daddy

My brother thinks the person needs to get as close as possible to the floor.  I had always thought that you were only supposed to go down far enough that your upper arm was parallel to the floor.

The latter makes more sense since if you went any lower, you'd be curving your back which is something you're not supposed to do.

Gin

I do one fist from the ground. Like, next time have someone put their fist on the ground, with the thumb side up, and go down until you touch their fist, then come back up.

wawi

It should be parallel to the ground. That is how far you need to go anyways.

You should go as close as you can to the ground while keeping your back straight.

Off-topic: Your brother needs to join Boyah  baddood;

Socks

I've always been told as far as possible, grazing the floor with my chin or chest. And if done right I dont see how that curves your back.

YPrrrr

I was told if you were looking downwards you should go until your nose touches or almost touches the floor...

Daddy

Quote from: Socks on February 20, 2008, 08:02:43 PM
I've always been told as far as possible, grazing the floor with my chin or chest. And if done right I dont see how that curves your back.

It's  across the shoulders; like a wide parabola.

V

Socks

Quote from: JMV290 on February 20, 2008, 08:05:48 PM
It's  across the shoulders; like a wide parabola.

I see what your saying but you wont get as good a workout that way, and I thought you meant spine when you said back.

Daddy

Nyerp

strongbad

Himu

Hopefully push ups will help my future kickboxing career. :(

unwelc0med

lol @hime

kickboxing?

srs

and almost till you touch the floor

and ask your brother to join boyah

Socks

Quote from: Charmed on February 20, 2008, 08:41:49 PM
Hopefully push ups will help my future kickboxing career.

Just flash your opponent, they'll stop fighting, you win and he wins, so does the audience.

Go Up