June 28, 2024, 09:17:17 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Good classical music

Started by NOA_Haunted, February 20, 2008, 06:22:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

NOA_Haunted

Like I want some that sounds evil, dark, and diabolical. 

NOA_Haunted

What is the music from V for Vendetta? When he blows the shit up!

Samus Aran

Quote from: xXTheHaunted on February 20, 2008, 06:25:14 PM
What is the music from V for Vendetta? When he blows the shit up!

Beethoven's 9th, if I remember correctly.

NOA_Haunted

Samus Aran

Quote from: xXTheHaunted on February 20, 2008, 06:42:01 PM
I read 5th somewhere

No. I was wrong too though. It's Tchaikovsky's "1812 Overture," I believe. I don't know why I always think it's part of one of Beethoven's symphonies. I just do. Later in the overture, it's easier to tell that it's Tchaikovsky's work, just from hearing it.

Daphnia

Dream Theater does a great arrangement of the 1812.

Verdi is evil.

YPrrrr

February 21, 2008, 01:32:59 PM #6 Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 01:39:37 PM by Your Posting Rival
Quote from: Kazarus on February 20, 2008, 11:08:04 PM
No. I was wrong too though. It's Tchaikovsky's "1812 Overture," I believe. I don't know why I always think it's part of one of Beethoven's symphonies. I just do. Later in the overture, it's easier to tell that it's Tchaikovsky's work, just from hearing it.
Well, Beethoven's 5th is in the movie... it is played before he blows up Parliament.

Also, Haunted, if you want something dark and sinister, there's always Night on Bald Mountain and In the Hall of the Mountain King.

More I edited in:
Toccata and Fugue in D minor

Samus Aran

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on February 21, 2008, 01:32:59 PM
Well, Beethoven's 5th is in the movie... it is played before he blows up Parliament.

Also, Haunted, if you want something dark and sinister, there's always Night on Bald Mountain and In the Hall of the Mountain King.

More I edited in:
Toccata and Fugue in D minor

1812 plays while he blows it up. I thought that's what he was talking about.

And I can also recommend In the Hall of the Mountain King. One of my favorite classical pieces. Rainbow did a cool vocal rock arrangement of it too.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Kazarus on February 21, 2008, 03:51:43 PM
1812 plays while he blows it up. I thought that's what he was talking about.

And I can also recommend In the Hall of the Mountain King. One of my favorite classical pieces. Rainbow did a cool vocal rock arrangement of it too.
Oh, I thought you were saying you thought Beethoven was somewhere in the movie, which he is.

Yeah, 1812 plays while it blows up

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Apologies for a few days bump, but a few obvious and well known pieces.........

-Beethoven's moonlight sonata(duh)
-Mozart's entire "requiem": Super grim-like with amazing vocal sections.
-Beethoven's symphony no.7 in A Major,Op. 92:II Allegreto---look it up. Awesome.
-Carmina burana's "O fortuna" (for a laugh)
-Adagio for strings; the leonard bernstein arrangement

If you want a few deeper selections, I'd be more than happy to make a few suggestions. Cheers and happy listening.

Samus Aran

Just a note...I personally prefer Tchaikovsky's work as a whole over any other composer's. After all, pretty much the all of 1812 Overture and the entire Nutcracker Suite are awesome.

But other than him, Beethoven, and a few pieces by assorted other composers, I don't listen to much classical.

But Tchaikovsky I can definitely recommend.

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Schubert is an easy listen for background shenanigans. Holst's planets is an amazing experience as well, and who can forget "also sprach zarathustra" by gool ol' strauss.

YPrrrr

Canon by Pachelbel

Gets overused, but still good

Squirtlejazz

Boognish stole mine. I was gonna say Moonlight.
iSnake

LINK2K9

lol lara lol

Go Up