October 22, 2024, 08:25:04 AM

1,531,338 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

External Hardrive

Started by Squirtlejazz, February 16, 2008, 05:07:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Squirtlejazz

I am looking to get a portable hard drive.
I was thinking about the WD 250GB passport.
Any reasons not to get?
iSnake

Feynman

They look nice. And I'm sure you know the drawbacks of an external hard drive as opposed to an internal one, but it all depends on what you'll use it for. So, if that capacity is good for you and you don't mind the price, why not?

Blaze-Senpai

You'll need to find a port on the computer that offers enough power for it, or you'll have to use two ports, my freind has had some problem with that.

Cookie

Just go all the way and get a 1TB external harddrive. You can get those for like $250 now. I got my 500 GB external harddrive for $69.

Zeta

Quote from: Bassir C. on February 16, 2008, 06:25:29 PM
They look nice. And I'm sure you know the drawbacks of an external hard drive as opposed to an internal one, but it all depends on what you'll use it for. So, if that capacity is good for you and you don't mind the price, why not?

Unless it's eSATA. Then the only drawback is that it's external.

Daphnia

Quote from: Blaziken Prince on February 16, 2008, 10:08:16 PM
You'll need to find a port on the computer that offers enough power for it, or you'll have to use two ports, my freind has had some problem with that.

What.

I've had no problems with Western Digital. Got two 3 years ago and both are working fine.

Squirtlejazz

Quote from: Soup on February 19, 2008, 10:42:29 AM
What.

I've had no problems with Western Digital. Got two 3 years ago and both are working fine.
Ya rly, it even runs on my old computer that doesn't have USB 2.0
iSnake

Blaze-Senpai

Quote from: Soup on February 19, 2008, 10:42:29 AM
What.

It's not exactly a problem, more like an inconvience.

Daphnia

It's not a very good hard drive if its supposed to be bus-powered and it isn't.

Go Up