September 19, 2024, 02:59:29 PM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Keep this board?

Started by The artist formally known, February 13, 2008, 01:20:58 PM

previous topic - next topic

Keep this board?

Yes
5 (19.2%)
No
21 (80.8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Go Down

The artist formally known

I'm willing to keep this board if you guys like it but otherwise I think it should be removed.

ncba93ivyase

There are no benefits in deleting it, but it can help keep shit out of serious discussion and out of threads that are posted in general.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

YPrrrr

Quote from: Lawlz on February 13, 2008, 01:34:28 PM
There are no benefits in deleting it, but it can help keep shit out of serious discussion and out of threads that are posted in general.
It's too confusing to determine whether a thread is serious or semi-serious or just not quite semi serious enough.

Anyways, there's not really too much traffic in serious discussion to begin with, so if a thread like "my dad died" is in there, it's really no big deal.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on February 13, 2008, 01:37:41 PM
It's too confusing to determine whether a thread is serious or semi-serious or just not quite semi serious enough.

Anyways, there's not really too much traffic in serious discussion to begin with, so if a thread like "my dad died" is in there, it's really no big deal.
Except it's not something debate worthy, unless you want to go on about a supposed afterlife or something.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

YPrrrr

Quote from: Lawlz on February 13, 2008, 01:48:09 PM
Except it's not something debate worthy, unless you want to go on about a supposed afterlife or something.
It's not the debate board

Samus Aran

Quote from: Lawlz on February 13, 2008, 01:48:09 PM

Serious discussion is only debates? Since when?

Get over yourself and this board, because this board is a piece of shit and completely unnecessary.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Kaz on February 13, 2008, 02:48:43 PM
Get over yourself and this board, because this board is a piece of shit and completely unnecessary.
Intro board.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Lawlz on February 13, 2008, 02:50:04 PM
Intro board.

That's nice. I'm not defending the intro board, so why bring it up? That's basically unnecessary too.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Kaz on February 13, 2008, 02:50:59 PM
That's nice. I'm not defending the intro board, so why bring it up? That's basically unnecessary too.
If anyone is going to bitch about anything, it should be the intro board, but that's an easy place to say "lol hi."

Cookie

I say we delete all of the boards and we will be forced to code and upload all of our topics and posts.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Lawlz on February 13, 2008, 02:52:27 PM
If anyone is going to bitch about anything, it should be the intro board, but that's an easy place to say "lol hi."

If you want to get rid of the intro board so badly, make a poll about it and quit whining, because frankly I don't care about the intro board right now. This thread is about semi-serious discussion, not intro.

This board is not needed. All of the threads posted here so far would've worked in The Lobby. It's not hard to start a thread there and say "keep things somewhat serious please." A moderator/admin will go ahead and delete any shit posts in that thread anyway. As for the "my __ died" threads, those hardly ever pop up in Serious Discussion anyway, so why even whine about them?

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Kaz on February 13, 2008, 02:57:47 PM
If you want to get rid of the intro board so badly, make a poll about it and quit whining, because frankly I don't care about the intro board right now. This thread is about semi-serious discussion, not intro.

This board is not needed. All of the threads posted here so far would've worked in The Lobby. It's not hard to start a thread there and say "keep things somewhat serious please." A moderator/admin will go ahead and delete any shit posts in that thread anyway. As for the "my __ died" threads, those hardly ever pop up in Serious Discussion anyway, so why even whine about them?

VG threads, music, food, sleep, serious, and all that other baloney can go in the lobby too. I suggest we just have an admin board and general board.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Lawlz on February 13, 2008, 03:06:27 PM
VG threads, music, food, sleep, serious, and all that other baloney can go in the lobby too. I suggest we just have an admin board and general board.
We have those because they generate enough discussion related to their particular topic. Semi-serious discussion is supposed to take threads away from the serious discussion board which already lacks a large amount activity.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Lawlz on February 13, 2008, 03:06:27 PM

You're missing the point. Those things (except sleep) actually generate enough activity to warrant their own boards. This doesn't.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Kaz on February 13, 2008, 03:15:49 PM
You're missing the point. Those things (except sleep) actually generate enough activity to warrant their own boards. This doesn't.
Sports.

Go Up