September 20, 2024, 11:43:14 PM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

what awesum places should I go to in New York

Started by Snorkel, February 11, 2008, 08:50:45 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Snorkel

I'm going there with my school's band this week for 5 days. The 5th Ave. Apple Store is something I must enter, obviously.

Daddy

Blaze-Senpai

Central Park. Or take a random Subway Line from it's first stop to its last and see how many different types of people you see.

YPrrrr

ESPN Zone
Statue of Liberty (touristy I know, but it's still kind of cool from a historical perspective)
Toys R Us
The Met

Title27GT

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on February 11, 2008, 08:53:15 PM
ESPN Zone
You've got to be kidding me.

First, come over to my neck of the woods and check out Central Park. Really, from there, you might as well just roam the streets. The entire city is really high-end store after high-end store, there aren't really any pockets of ghetto that you'll find in Queens or Brooklyn. Be sure to check out Grand Central. As for the statue of liberty, it's a little out of your way. If you happen to be downtown, and there's a ferry available, sure go for it. Empire State Building is cool.

Title27GT

Quote from: Blaziken Prince on February 11, 2008, 08:53:09 PM
Central Park. Or take a random Subway Line from it's first stop to its last and see how many different types of people you see.
You're just going to see white businessmen.

Title27GT

AND GO SKATING AT COCKAFELLER CENTER

I DON'T KNOW IF THE RINK IS STILL UP BUT ILL CHECK TOMMORROW MORNING

YPrrrr

Quote from: Title on February 11, 2008, 08:57:07 PM
You've got to be kidding me.

Pretty much yeah, actually
Quote from: Title on February 11, 2008, 08:57:07 PM
First, come over to my neck of the woods and check out Central Park. Really, from there, you might as well just roam the streets. The entire city is really high-end store after high-end store, there aren't really any pockets of ghetto that you'll find in Queens or Brooklyn. Be sure to check out Grand Central. As for the statue of liberty, it's a little out of your way. If you happen to be downtown, and there's a ferry available, sure go for it. Empire State Building is cool.
Pretty good plan... I loved Central park when I was younger.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Title on February 11, 2008, 08:57:28 PM
You're just going to see white businessmen.
and the occasional bum in various cars, and the Peruvians who take over the subway corridors

Title27GT

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on February 11, 2008, 09:01:03 PM
Pretty much yeah, actuallyPretty good plan... I loved Central park when I was younger.
I like looking out my window and watching kids fall off the rock climbing wall

Snorkel

I don't think we ever get to leave Manhattan. There's a couple planned destinations for the group, like the Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, etc, but we also have a lot of "lunch on 5th avenue" for 4 hours, which will surely warrant rampant wandering.  powerofone;

Title27GT

Quote from: Snorkel on February 11, 2008, 09:02:48 PM
I don't think we ever get to leave Manhattan. There's a couple planned destinations for the group, like the Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, etc, but we also have a lot of "lunch on 5th avenue" for 4 hours, which will surely warrant rampant wandering.  powerofone;
Dude.

I live on 5th.

Title27GT

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on February 11, 2008, 09:02:09 PM
and the occasional bum in various cars, and the Peruvians who take over the subway corridors
Someone's been straying into the Bronx.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Title on February 11, 2008, 09:05:55 PM
Someone's been straying into the Bronx.
just a little bit...

One of my classes is debating whether to go to DC or NY for a field trip in May... I'll let you know how that turns out

Gnite

Title27GT

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on February 11, 2008, 09:10:23 PM
just a little bit...

One of my classes is debating whether to go to DC or NY for a field trip in May... I'll let you know how that turns out

Gnite
The people in DC are so fucking sketchy oh god

they made us go to ESPN Zone there and it was sickening

Go Up