October 05, 2024, 07:32:25 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

What gaming magazines do you get?

Started by Commander Fuckass, January 26, 2008, 07:07:37 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Commander Fuckass

January 26, 2008, 07:07:37 PM Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 07:25:28 PM by Lawlz
I got a Free Subscription to Games for Windows because Lawlz showed me that freebie some site was having at the time. (Subscription ended)

And yesterday I decided to get me an Edge card so I now have a subscription to Game Informer.
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Wrench

Houdini

I used to get Game Informer and Nintendo Power, but then I realized that Nintendo Power was just a big ad for Nintendo so I didn't resubscribe when my subscription ran out. i stopped getting Game Informer a while ago, but they have good articles and the reviews are pretty reliable.

YPrrrr

Nintendo Power and PSM. Nintendo Power is getting progressively worse than it already was edumacate;

Claquesous

I used to get NP, but the subscription ran out, at the most inopportune time. The next issue was going to have something about Archaic Sealed Heat.

Daddy

Games for Windows because it was free thanks to the WCG.

ncba93ivyase

I used to get Games for Windows but I moved and whoever moved in stole my free magazines. I wish I could get more.

I used to get Gameinformer, but I gradually started to dislike them beause if it wasn't xbawcks they didn't give a shit about it. Also, I hated those 12 page coverstories where they'd hype up some game as the greatest thing ever, then give it somewhere from a 4-6/10 a few months later.

Used to get Nintendo Power, but I was lazy in renewing it and it gave me no new info. If they still have the free t-shirts, I may renew it just for that.

also i added the news message icon because we don't have a book and i suppose magazines do deliver news of some sorts

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Houdini

Quote from: Lawlz on January 26, 2008, 07:24:34 PM
Also, I hated those 12 page coverstories where they'd hype up some game as the greatest thing ever, then give it somewhere from a 4-6/10 a few months later.
Are you kidding? That's the best part of Game Informer.

ME##

I had a year subscription to Computer Gaming World/Games for Windows the Official Magazine, but that expired last January and I have not renewed it, I'm happy with gaming sites. And I look at Famitsu scans on Jeux France.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Houdini on January 26, 2008, 07:25:56 PM
Are you kidding? That's the best part of Game Informer.
Long, boring interviews with developers on some half assed FPS. Occasionally it'd be God of War or something like that, but never anything interesting (to me).

I liked reading their little screenshot commentary, reviews on horrible games, and reader letters. I'd sometimes skim through to look for upcoming DS games or something, but you can't trust a person that gives Elite Beat Agents a 6.75.

I noticed they were always tough on handheld games and expected something with the complexity of console controls and billions of polygons per second and uncompressed, highestpossiblequality sound. I favor handhelds over everything today, so this really gave me nothing worth reading.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

YPrrrr

Quote from: Lawlz on January 26, 2008, 07:32:22 PM
Long, boring interviews with developers on some half assed FPS. Occasionally it'd be God of War or something like that, but never anything interesting (to me).

I liked reading their little screenshot commentary, reviews on horrible games, and reader letters. I'd sometimes skim through to look for upcoming DS games or something, but you can't trust a person that gives Elite Beat Agents a 6.75.

I noticed they were always tough on handheld games and expected something with the complexity of console controls and billions of polygons per second and uncompressed, highestpossiblequality sound. I favor handhelds over everything today, so this really gave me nothing worth reading.
That's because Elite Beat Agents is pretty mediocre

FULL_METAL_RYDER2

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on January 26, 2008, 07:12:06 PM
Nintendo Power and PSM. Nintendo Power is getting progressively worse than it already was edumacate;
GET THE POWER, NINTENDO POWERRRRRRR.

GET THE CLOSE THAT YOU CAN USE NINTENDO POWERRRRRRRR.

HIGHER AND HIGHER, FIGHTING YOUR WAY THROUGH ENEMY FIRE!

ncba93ivyase

hotlikesauce.

I have Game Informer, and a delayed subscription to Popular Science.

And I plan to (maybe) get a subscription to xbox magazine, due to all the free games and demos they usually provide.

Himu

My older brother had a Nintendo Power and Gameinformer magazine subscription for two years and my mom always renews it.

Go Up