October 05, 2024, 03:32:35 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

What gaming magazines do you get?

Started by Commander Fuckass, January 26, 2008, 07:07:37 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Nyerp

last time i checked the ones that come are Nintendo Power, Game Informer, and Playstation Magazine

Squirtlejazz

January 26, 2008, 07:41:42 PM #16 Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 07:47:20 PM by Squirtlejazz
I used to get Nintendo Power, but that ran out and I didn't renew it because I went through a "gaming is queer" phase when I was in 6th-8th grade.
But I do get Motor Trend, Road and Track, and Lego magazine. Used to get 5.0 Mustangs and Superfords, but didn't renew that because it was basically the same articles over and over. "So and so has a blah blah with a whodiddly whatsit and a new fronghoffer."
iSnake

wawi

I used to get Nintendo Power then I stopped receiving it. I want a new one so I'll probably get XBox magazine because of the fact I just bought a 360. I read one at the Dentist's and it was a pretty good magazine.

hotlikesauce.

Quote from: W4W1 on January 26, 2008, 07:43:26 PM
I used to get Nintendo Power then I stopped receiving it. I want a new one so I'll probably get XBox magazine because of the fact I just bought a 360. I read one at the Dentist's and it was a pretty good magazine.

Yes, but I think that Xbox, PSM, and NP tend to be a lot-a little more biased to their own console.

Game Informer tends to be pretty even, most of the time.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: W4W1 on January 26, 2008, 07:43:26 PM
Gameinformer is the best Xbox magazine.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Houdini

Quote from: Lawlz on January 26, 2008, 07:32:22 PM
Long, boring interviews with developers on some half assed FPS. Occasionally it'd be God of War or something like that, but never anything interesting (to me).
That's why it's the best part. They make a game out to be absolutely amazing and groundbreaking and they hype it up like it's going to start some sort of gaming revolution, and then when it comes out a few months later they give it a 6. It's hilarious.

I liked reading their little screenshot commentary, reviews on horrible games, and reader letters. I'd sometimes skim through to look for upcoming DS games or something, but you can't trust a person that gives Elite Beat Agents a 6.75.
FSM forbid someone have an opinion that differs from yours!

I noticed they were always tough on handheld games and expected something with the complexity of console controls and billions of polygons per second and uncompressed, highestpossiblequality sound. I favor handhelds over everything today, so this really gave me nothing worth reading.
Yeah, they hardly ever gave handheld games decent scores. I stopped reading it because they were so biased in favor of the Xbox.

Nyerp

The Speaker Of Words

I used to get EGM and Game Informer.
I didn't really read them much so I didn't renew the subscription.

caponehollywood

Quote from: Captain Yesterday on January 26, 2008, 07:07:37 PM
I got a Free Subscription to Games for Windows because Lawlz showed me that freebie some site was having at the time. (Subscription ended)

And yesterday I decided to get me an Edge card so I now have a subscription to Game Informer.

I got an Edge card as well so I just got the new issue of Game Informer yesterday.
Quote from: antmaster5000 on October 21, 2015, 03:01:13 AM
me

10% of the worlds biomass is ants
ants
ants

i am antmaster

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Houdini on January 26, 2008, 07:46:54 PM
FSM forbid someone have an opinion that differs from yours!
They said button controls work better for such a game.

Seriously now.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

wawi

Quote from: Lawlz on January 26, 2008, 07:46:18 PM
Gameinformer is the best Xbox magazine.

Ok, I'll make sure to check it out.

Samus Aran

Kalahari Inkantation

I got three free issues of Nintendo Power once.
... baddood;

Samus Aran

Quote from: Luke Atmey on January 26, 2008, 09:11:20 PM
I got three free issues of Nintendo Power once.
... baddood;

So did I. They just added on to the end of my subscription. The last issue I ever got was May 2007. The first one I ever got had 1080 Snowboarding (the first one for N64) on the cover and the second part to the guide to Yoshi's Story were in it. So...the year was 1998, but I don't remember what the month was.

C.Mongler

I got suckered into buying an Edge card so Game Informer.

Go Up