October 05, 2024, 03:30:44 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Anyone else disappointed by Phantom Hourglass?

Started by One Man Freak Show, January 23, 2008, 11:06:16 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

One Man Freak Show

I know I was. baddood;

It was okay, and the graphics were great, but other than that, it kinda underwhelmed me. Especially the ease of the game. Also, I hate the controls. I hardly ever found them to be responsive at all, and I always rolled when I wanted to slash my sword or whatever. There were definitely better DS games to come out in 2007, like Hotel Dusk, for example.

JGE

Geno

I havent played it yet but I don't like the fact that it uses nothing but touch screen. Mine is messed up so I avoid all touch screen usage.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

LINK2K9

Oh yeah.

At first it was great, but having to go back to the same damn temple every time pissed the hell out of me.

lol lara lol

One Man Freak Show

Quote from: LINK2K9 on January 23, 2008, 11:15:59 PM
Oh yeah.

At first it was great, but having to go back to the same damn temple every time pissed the hell out of me.

Yes. Sometimes I get lost and I don't know what to do in that stupid Ocean King temple.

Also, it's kinda hard to get into again once you've put it down for a while. Right now, I have no clue where to go because I forgot.

The artist formally known

It was a decent game, didn't live up to LTTP, or any of the GB games at all. Worst Zelda game which isn't saying much since most of them are all gold.

One Man Freak Show

Quote from: reefer on January 23, 2008, 11:23:51 PM
It was a decent game, didn't live up to LTTP, or any of the GB games at all. Worst Zelda game which isn't saying much since most of them are all gold.

Twilight Princess

Quote from: One Man Freak Show on January 23, 2008, 11:24:42 PM
Twilight Princess
I don't know if you were playing the same game I was but it was a good game  befuddlement

Notice I said good, not awesome, not amazing, just good. Better then decent but shows that Zelda is really lacking new ideas. Maybe a 3D version of Zelda II? Real time RPG?

greg400

I don't know what the fuck you people are talking about, but I loved Phantom hourglass. baddood;

The characters kicked ass and for being a handheld DS game it's awesome. It is easy but still enjoyable.

Quote from: MarioSonic44 on January 23, 2008, 11:31:13 PM
I don't know what the fuck you people are talking about, but I loved Phantom hourglass. baddood;

The characters kicked ass and for being a handheld DS game it's awesome. It is easy but still enjoyable.
Play the other GB Zelda games and you'll see why at least I am disappointed.

Even Minish Cap was better.

ncba93ivyase

Graphics were incredibly bland ( I hate when developers downgrade from beautiful 2D to blocky, undetailed 3D), controls felt decent at first but weapon swapping during a boss battle proved to be a pain in the ass, and the game overall was just boring.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

NOA_Haunted

I was awesome and the controls were good! I don't know what you are talking about.

greg400

Quote from: reefer on January 23, 2008, 11:36:44 PM
Play the other GB Zelda games and you'll see why at least I am disappointed.

Even Minish Cap was better.
I really did not enjoy the GBA Zelda games for some reason. Just didn't find them all that fun. doodthing;

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: MarioSonic44 on January 24, 2008, 12:10:36 PM
I really did not enjoy the GBA Zelda games for some reason. Just didn't find them all that fun. doodthing;

WHAT THE FUCK
I guess you just hate all handheld Zelda games, then, because PH was awesome too. edumacate;

One Man Freak Show

Quote from: Luke Atmey on January 24, 2008, 12:34:21 PM
WHAT THE FUCK
I guess you just hate all handheld Zelda games, then, because PH was awesome too. edumacate;

Handheld Zelda was at its best with Link's Awakening.

Go Up