April 23, 2024, 02:28:49 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

What Are Your Future Goals?

Started by wawi, January 20, 2008, 07:11:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

wawi

January 20, 2008, 07:11:03 PM Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 07:16:49 PM by W4W1
What college do you plan on going too?
What do you plan on becoming once you get out of college?
If you are out or in college, what college did you go to or are in and what are your goals?

I'll edit with mine once I'm done downloading something >_>

YPrrrr

Uh, I'm trying to get into U of Wisconsin - Madison... Just waiting to get my application back. So far I've only gotten one letter back, an acceptance from Uconn.

After college, I really have no clue what I want to do. Sports journalism maybe, but there are days when I hate working for my school's paper, so I don't know if I want that as a career.

Samus Aran

Graduate college if necessary, contribute to the arts in some way, teach a few people how to live life, and travel as much of the world as I can.

Oh, and to be married and have kids.

That's all I need for my life to be complete.

Daddy

I'm currently attending Salem State College.  baddood;  I was about to go to UAT until I realized I couldn't afford it. I might switch in 2 years, I dunno.

Probably something in IT, they get paid a nice amount of money and I like computers.

Squirtlejazz

iSnake

ME##

Well, I don't want to go to ISU or UOI, so I don't know what college I want to go to.

But, I'd like to learn a few  languages and become a translator of some sort.

Snorkel

I still haven't made up my mind about colleges. There's a large part of my mind that wants to take a year off and go backpacking around Europe or something, but then I realise that I most likely just wouldn't ever take to initiative to get back into things.

If I go to college in the US, it will be in CA, for two reasons. One, its climate is the best I've encountered in this country so far, and two, my dad would just move there (he has a house in San Diego that he uses about 30% of the year because he goes there so much for business), so the non-resident extra tuition would not be an issue. Also then home would be closer. And not in Minnesota.

Otherwise I'll go someplace really random and strange, like Sweden or France or something. I have no idea, really.

It depends mostly on what I decide I actually want to do for a career. Music is too fickle a thing to depend on, and also I'd rather it remain a hobby. Web development is something I could do right now, but it's boring. I've considered going to school for film and getting into that industry, because it's another hobby of mine that I think I'm fairly adept in. Writing is in there too.

Pretty much what it comes down to is I'll be going to college for a degree in something like English, or music (/saxophone), or History, or something to do with film, and use it as something I can fall back on if my extravagant plans for grand and exciting lifestyles fail to provide monetarily.

ncba93ivyase

I intend to just relax and enjoy my life for at least a year after I graduate high school. Devote a month or two to playing games I've had for a while and maybe picking up some programming, get some decent media related job for a while, etc.

After that, I'd want to use the funds I had just saved up to travel across this nation and maybe Canada for a month or two. After that, I'd repeat the previous process of what I did after school, then leave again for Europe and/or Asia.

Eventually, after a year or two, I intend to go to college. The relaxation should give me enough to reflect on my life and think about what I truly want to do. I find science very appealing, and I've had an interest in space since I was born (thanks to my early obsession with gaming and my family consistently taking me to museums and teaching me about the universe to the best of their abilities). Some sort of garage space research center with a couple of other people would just be fantastic, and constructing some sort of vessel that can launch up and through the atmosphere would be a dream. Sure, NASA's fine and all, but nothing beats working for yourself and advancing beyond pre-established  organizations for such things. (yay steve jobs and steve wozniak)

Another thing I'd love to do is found some small time game development company. I would truly love to make my own shmups with a couple people I know, but the only problem is that few small game developers can pump out anything successful and even less of them are remembered. If I can create something known throughout all gaming history, then I'd be fine. It's something I may try to do after high school, and if it doesn't seem to be turning out, I'll just leae it behind before trying to get too involved with something bound to fail.

But my prime goal is to do something that'll get me into history.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Houdini

Quote from: Lawlz on January 20, 2008, 11:30:44 PM
I intend to just relax and enjoy my life for at least a year after I graduate high school. Devote a month or two to playing games I've had for a while and maybe picking up some programming, get some decent media related job for a while, etc.

After that, I'd want to use the funds I had just saved up to travel across this nation and maybe Canada for a month or two. After that, I'd repeat the previous process of what I did after school, then leave again for Europe and/or Asia.

Eventually, after a year or two, I intend to go to college. The relaxation should give me enough to reflect on my life and think about what I truly want to do. I find science very appealing, and I've had an interest in space since I was born (thanks to my early obsession with gaming and my family consistently taking me to museums and teaching me about the universe to the best of their abilities). Some sort of garage space research center with a couple of other people would just be fantastic, and constructing some sort of vessel that can launch up and through the atmosphere would be a dream. Sure, NASA's fine and all, but nothing beats working for yourself and advancing beyond pre-established  organizations for such things. (yay steve jobs and steve wozniak)

Another thing I'd love to do is found some small time game development company. I would truly love to make my own shmups with a couple people I know, but the only problem is that few small game developers can pump out anything successful and even less of them are remembered. If I can create something known throughout all gaming history, then I'd be fine. It's something I may try to do after high school, and if it doesn't seem to be turning out, I'll just leae it behind before trying to get too involved with something bound to fail.

But my prime goal is to do something that'll get me into history.
Those are pretty unrealistic goals.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Houdini on January 20, 2008, 11:46:41 PM
Those are pretty unrealistic goals.
steve jobs was successful :|

But at least it beats computer science.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Houdini

Quote from: Lawlz on January 20, 2008, 11:56:34 PM

I'm not trying to discourage you or anything, I'm just letting you know that you're inevitably going to be disappointed.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Houdini on January 21, 2008, 12:32:16 AM
I'm not trying to discourage you or anything, I'm just letting you know that you're inevitably going to be disappointed.
Not with the trips, no; space related things, maybe.

Still, biology wouldn't be a problem for me at all. Those are my primary focuses, but I'll try to build up some decent foundations in other branches of science, art, and possibly writing.

Houdini

Quote from: Lawlz on January 21, 2008, 12:57:04 AM
Not with the trips, no; space related things, maybe.

Still, biology wouldn't be a problem for me at all.
Good. Biology is realistic.

Quote from: Lawlz on January 21, 2008, 12:57:04 AM
Those are my primary focuses, but I'll try to build up some decent foundations in other branches of science, art, and possibly writing.
Also good. Branching out will expand your capabilities and give you something to fall back on.

Selkie

I will go to a decent SUNY college for secondary education. I will get my masters there. Along the way I will have a good time, living life, going outside and to parties and all the stuff I failed to do in High School. It will be a time to start over fresh. Hopefully I will get some women in my life. A little action. Also, I will probably join a band, or create one. No crappy garage band either, a serious band with serious goals. I will also hopefully complete my story finally somewhere in there. As well as other stories I have a firm grip on.

I will then graduate and move out west. If I have a girl, it will have to be one who is as ambitious as me and doesn't mind moving across the country. If not, then that's fine too, because there are plenty of girls in California. I will hopefully get a steady job as a High School history teacher and become situated somewhere around Southern California, or maybe Northern Arizona/Southern Utah. A place where it's hot, dry, and deserted.

I will spend my time living my life, admiring the dream I am living. I will probably buy some expensive telescope to spend my evenings with. Out in the desert, where the sky is huge, just gazing for hours at the cosmos.

Hopefully I will still be in a band, and we will be making it big. If not that, then I will be making books or scripts that get me a good amount of money and fame. Just something that will go down in history and put my name out there in American culture.

If not, I will have a steady job, and enough money to travel the world, see Italy, preferably Rome and Venice, Greece, Aruba, The Bahamas, Hawaii, Egypt, and anywhere else my interests take me.

Then when all is said and done, I will officially settle down, get married, and have a few kids.

Daddy

Quote from: Lawlz on January 20, 2008, 11:56:34 PM

Oh yes, gambling on the chance that your idea will be successful when compared to using the CS skills to obtain an IT job is really winning.

Go Up