April 24, 2024, 08:18:07 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Questions for an Athiest?

Started by reeper, April 18, 2007, 05:16:45 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

guff

Quote from: ????? on July 15, 2007, 12:54:11 AM
His great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandmother on his father's side.
One can come to or come on a person, but not come from one.

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Commodore Guff on July 15, 2007, 12:53:14 AM
probably at least a few different places

Where did your great-great-great-great-great-great-grandmother on your father's side come from?
wut...

So anyways. I duno, Philippines I guess.
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

guff

Quote from: Original_MIB on July 15, 2007, 01:21:48 AM
wut...

So anyways. I duno, Philippines I guess.

You asked where.  You didn't ask how.  psyduck;

You sound unsure of yourself.  This leads me to believe your great-great-great-great-great-great-grandmother never really existed.

NOA_Haunted

Im not a Atheist im and Agnostic

:atomsk:

Quote from: jonathanhan on May 18, 2007, 01:00:14 PM
Back on topic here.  Questions for all you atheists: 1) Did you ever believe in God your whole entire life?  2) Where do you guys learn all these theories?  Tv, internet, school?  and 3) Where do you think we go after we die? Just die out and never exist again?  Sorry if my questions seem dumb and ignorant but I am young and don't know much.

sort of, i guess. when my dad got remarried to my extremely religious stepmom, we started going to church. the more i went, the more i didn't believe.
all of the above.
we're dead. just like a dog or an insect. we die and decompose. increased intelligence does not indicate a soul, which some believe would pass on into the afterlife and keep us spiritually alive forever.

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on June 16, 2007, 07:37:36 PM

And... Do you guys fear death, assuming you don't believe in an afterlife?

i just don't want to miss anything or be forgotten. i know i probably will eventually, though. but i'm not worried about what may come when i die. i'll just stop living.

Quote from: JMV on June 19, 2007, 09:42:57 PM
As for fearing death, yes I'm afraid to die.   No one wants to die.  Living with religion gives you the comfort of believing that you and your loved ones are in a better place, but it's not true.  They're gone and you can't bring them back.   No matter how much I want to believe that I'll live on after I die, I know that it's not true.   I have to live with that fact.   I've learned to deal with it. I don't walk around everyday crying that I will stop existing.  It's part of life.

i agree. religion seems like an emonional crutch. i don't disapprove of religion at all, it promotes good morals and behavior for the most part. but i do think that the idea of an afterlife and god is extremely farfetched. remember, faith in god is not proof of god. anyways, enjoy life and your friends and family while you can, because they won't be around forever. 

Go Up