April 24, 2024, 09:16:54 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Questions for an Athiest?

Started by reeper, April 18, 2007, 05:16:45 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Necro

May 15, 2007, 08:49:54 PM #30 Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 08:53:02 PM by Necro
Quote from: iWolf on May 15, 2007, 12:15:36 PM
If evolution is disproved, how do you explain existence?  psyduck;
I don't know, but since Christianity and all other religions have gone so long w/o people caring whether or not there's proof, and whether or not most of the facts lead against, and they still do it, I'd have to say I have little faith in what the world would be turning into, seeing as they'd have just worked their asses off to disprove evolution, while still being religion's humble bitch, and not looking for flaws in that.

LONG SENTENCE FTW
You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is Necro

jonathanhan

Back on topic here.  Questions for all you athiests: 1) Did you ever believe in God your whole entire life?  2) Where do you guys learn all these theories?  Tv, internet, school?  and 3) Where do you think we go after we die? Just die out and never exist again?  Sorry if my questions seem dumb and ignorant but I am young and don't know much.

Zack777

Quote from: jonathanhan on May 18, 2007, 01:00:14 PM
Back on topic here.  Questions for all you athiests: 1) Did you ever believe in God your whole entire life?  2) Where do you guys learn all these theories?  Tv, internet, school?  and 3) Where do you think we go after we die? Just die out and never exist again?  Sorry if my questions seem dumb and ignorant but I am young and don't know much.

1. Well, no one ever told me to believe in god. And when I was young I never really cared
2. what do you mean?
3. I'm not really sure. MY [glow=red,2,300]OPINION[/glow] is that you enter a state in witch whatever you think or believe in comes real, but thats what I'm hoping. Probably, you just stop thinking. But its hard to image to just stop thinking. But I guess we will all find out our self's

Daddy

1)I used to believe in God when I was younger.  I started questioning whether or not (s)he existed when I was in 8th grade.  I stopped believing in God when I was a sophomore.

2)I used to read a lot. I read the entire Bible.  Everything supposedly done by God seemed to have a perfectly reasonable explanation.   The stuff I learned about Evolution and the big bang seems much more plausible.   I believe that many events in the bible did take place but they are greatly exaggerated and spiced up.  I could compare it to James Frey's A Million Little Pieces  the story was based on stuff that actually happened but details were changed, made up, and beefed up to make the story seem more impressive.   I believe the same thing happened in the Bible.  People couldn't explain events that were happening so they attributed them to God.  They made the stories seem more "epic" than they actually were.
3)I believe that once you die you are dead. There is no after life.

Zack777

[/quote]
do you think Stopping all thought is bad? I mean, to me stopping all thought seems like a terible thing

Daddy

Quote from: Zack777 on May 18, 2007, 01:45:49 PM

do you think Stopping all thought is bad? I mean, to me stopping all thought seems like a terible thing
[/quote]Death is a terrible thing. Unfortunately once you die that happens. Your brain stops sending electric impulses throughout your body.

Zack777

Quote from: JMV290 on May 19, 2007, 07:38:37 AM

Death is a terrible thing. Unfortunately once you die that happens. Your brain stops sending electric impulses throughout your body.
[/quote]
That sucks  dawkins;

Rayquarian

What do you think happens when you die?  I have an athiest friend, and he said that you believe you roam the Earth forever.

reeper

Quote from: Rayquarian on May 28, 2007, 01:23:12 PM
What do you think happens when you die?  I have an athiest friend, and he said that you believe you roam the Earth forever.
What the? No, atheism is just the belief of no god or god like figures. Some can and may believe in a "heaven" or a place like it, but most do not. It's just a personal belief for most atheists. But really, most athiests just believe nothing happens. I believe we just have a dream like after life or some kind of second life.

Houdini

Back on topic here.  Questions for all you athiests: 1) Did you ever believe in God your whole entire life?
I never really believed in God, I just didn't realize it until I was in about 2nd grade.

2) Where do you guys learn all these theories?  Tv, internet, school?
What theories? There isn't much to atheism, seeing as though it's simply a lack of belief. If you really want to learn about atheism, you could read some Richard Dawkins, I guess.

3) Where do you think we go after we die? Just die out and never exist again?
Yeah, pretty much. I think upon death you just cease to exist.

Sorry if my questions seem dumb and ignorant but I am young and don't know much.
Don't feel stupid. I'm glad to see you're curious and not just writing atheism off as bullshit.

Houdini

Quote from: Zack777 on May 19, 2007, 09:25:21 AM
Quote from: JMV290 on May 19, 2007, 07:38:37 AM

Death is a terrible thing. Unfortunately once you die that happens. Your brain stops sending electric impulses throughout your body.

That sucks  dawkins;
[/quote]It's not that bad if you think about it. When you're dead, you can't really think "Oh, this sucks" seeing as though you don't exist.

reeper

Back on topic here.  Questions for all you athiests: 1) Did you ever believe in God your whole entire life?
Yes. I wasn't old enough to think for myself when I heard of God and stuff like that.

2) Where do you guys learn all these theories?  Tv, internet, school?
Thinking about it, talking to people, reading stuff.

3) Where do you think we go after we die? Just die out and never exist again?
I posted a statement on this before in this thread. Too lazy to retype.

heltar

Evolution isn't and hasn't been disproved.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: helter skelter on May 30, 2007, 07:37:44 AM

Evolution isn't and hasn't been disproved.
Nor does evolution have anything to do with existence itself.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

InbredPsychosis

YOU DO NOT REPRESENT EVERY ATHEIST ON THE PLANET, GOOD SIR. Therefore I will NOT direct my questions to you and then feel enlightened. Without enlightenment, I see no reason to ask. Thus, no questions for you.
TAKE UR MEDICINE

Go Up