April 23, 2024, 12:32:13 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Questions for an Athiest?

Started by reeper, April 18, 2007, 05:16:45 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Rugals

Quote from: Necro Gaara on April 25, 2007, 09:43:04 PM
Quote from: Bender101 on April 25, 2007, 08:17:04 PM
If you don't believe in A God, how do you believe the Earth and human life was formed?
A good question to ask religious people would be "How'd you come to believe the Earth and human life were formed by some all-powerful god?"
Common sense.

Necro

Quote from: Rugals on April 26, 2007, 02:18:46 PM
If you don't believe in A God, how do you believe the Earth and human life was formed?
A good question to ask religious people would be "How'd you come to believe the Earth and human life were formed by some all-powerful god?"
Common sense.
No. Wrong. Not even close.
You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is Necro

V

Quote from: Necro Gaara on April 26, 2007, 05:20:36 PM
Quote from: Rugals on April 26, 2007, 02:18:46 PM
Common sense.
No. Wrong. Not even close.

Ditto.

Morning_Glory

A better question would be to ask "How the hell was the Earth formed at all?"

Seriously. Unless you were there, you don't know for a undeniable fact.

Necro

Quote from: Morning_Glory on April 26, 2007, 11:58:22 PM

My point exactly. educate;
You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is Necro

Samus Aran

Quote from: Morning_Glory on April 26, 2007, 11:58:22 PM

And that's why dumbass comments like "it's common sense hurr" piss me off.

One Man Freak Show

How do you believe how we got here?

And don't use that stupid evolution theory either. How did THOSE molecules get here? Huh? v;

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: ONEMANFREAKSHOW on May 14, 2007, 04:00:41 PM

And don't use that stupid evolution theory either. How did THOSE molecules get here? Huh? v;
How do you know we exist?

The idea of some being  existing forever is just unreasonable. Acosmism is the way to go. thumbup;

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

LCK

Quote from: Lawlz on May 14, 2007, 04:16:10 PM

The idea of some being  existing forever is just unreasonable. Acosmism is the way to go. thumbup;
I'm starting to like this "acosmism." thumbup;

One Man Freak Show

How can we not exist? That doesn't even make sense. psyduck;

LCK

Quote from: ONEMANFREAKSHOW on May 14, 2007, 04:18:29 PM

...If you'd think about it.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: ONEMANFREAKSHOW on May 14, 2007, 04:18:29 PM

If molecules can just fly together to form life, how can physical existence even be possible? Maybe the only true reality is one's own mind?

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Necro

Humans got here, probably, from evolution. As for when did it all start? I dunno how a giant explosion would do it, but I more than believe in the Big-Bang.

Samus Aran

Just to bring up something new in this little debate...I know several of you believe in evolution, so do you have any specific ideas of how life on Earth started? And I don't mean human life, I mean life in general. The beginning, before bacteria was even formed.

Personally, the "primordial soup" theory catches my eye. It basically states that a bundle of molecules that just happen to be necessary for life (chiefly carbon of course) formed a sort of "ooze" or something of that matter from which amino acids and other organic bits and pieces formed.

Possible proof:

In 1953 at the University of Chicago Stanley Miller demonstrated the primeval soup model for the origin of life on Earth. He passed a spark of electricity through a glass chamber filled with water, methane, ammonia and hydrogen (meant to simulate conditions on the young earth). A week later, paper chromatography showed several amino acids and other organic molecules had formed. The model for the origin of life said these molecules were formed in the atmosphere, rained into the ocean, then combined to make proteins, nucleic acids and the other molecules of life.

However, there is a problem...and instead of explaining it myself, I'll just pull another ctrl+v out of my hat...

A central problem is the expected lifetime of polymers because hydrolysis in the ocean would break them up. Also abiotic synthesis produces a mixture of L and D enantiomers which inhibit polymerization of each other. It was then theorised that early polymers assembled on solid minerals such as clay. Polynucleotides and polypeptides of about 50 units have been made in the laboratory in this way.

Thoughts?

iWolf

If evolution is disproved, how do you explain existence?  psyduck;

Go Up