April 20, 2024, 05:35:45 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Does true love actually exist?

Started by fox127, May 12, 2007, 02:11:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

FAMY2

Quote from: Lawlz on May 12, 2007, 09:34:02 PM
Quote from: Clair on May 12, 2007, 09:07:34 PM
I think it does. The act of marriage is supposed to make people think before they give up on a relationship.  At least that is what I was taught. It should be harder to end a legal relationship then one you can just walk away from.
Because the bitch gets rich and the poor man loses everything.

Maybe . Not so much anymore though. Smart men get a prenuptial  agreement.  And not all women are evil and greedy.

Zack777

The sole reason of reproduction and keeping the species we are alive
I like the reproduction part  educate;

ZF222

Sex can sometimes mean love, but the occasional one night stand doesn't qualify as "true love" in my book...

SBKT

Love is a biological thing, that's all I remember. It's an attachment to someone so you can keep making the same fucked up babies with them.

That's about all I'd see it as.

ClassicTyler

There is absolutely no such thing as true love.  edumacate;

Houdini

True love is an artificial concept, therefore relegated to the realm of opinion.

Himu

Yes.  People are just too stupid to realize what love is.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Princess on May 26, 2007, 10:30:48 PM
Then if people can't understand what love is, true love can't possibly exist within our species.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

SBKT

Quote from: Lawlz on May 26, 2007, 10:41:54 PM
Then if people can't understand what love is, true love can't possibly exist within our species.
Jedi might be able to understand it. If this is the case, we are really the closest to it.

Necro

May 26, 2007, 11:21:46 PM #24 Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 10:02:03 AM by General Grievous
Quote from: SBKT on May 26, 2007, 10:43:58 PM
Quote from: Lawlz on May 26, 2007, 10:41:54 PM
Jedi might be able to understand it. If this is the case, we are really the closest to it.
To know one's weaknesses is to be prepared for them. Do not lead down the path of love, for this leads to jealousy, anger, hatred. The path of the dark side, this is.

We need a Yoda smiley.
You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is Necro

InbredPsychosis

The concept of love is an adapted "emotion" brought on to preserve monogamy to avoid over-population among other things. That's what make sense to me at least. As for "true love", that's up to you. It exists if you want it to exist, baby.
TAKE UR MEDICINE

Pancake Paraphernalia

Who Knows? You can't really "prove" love. If you are willing to die you your family, does not prove you love them, the fact that i would die for my whole school, no matter how much I hate some people.
number stations

Lance7

I think it exists.

I just think that it's sad that many people, epessally teenagers, confuse lust for love.

Pancake Paraphernalia

Quote from: Lance7 on June 01, 2007, 07:31:31 AM
I think it exists.

I just think that it's sad that many people, epessally teenagers, confuse lust for love.

But there isn't there mostly fake love in the world?
number stations

pringle positive

Go Up